Grave Encounter

Greyfire's POV: 

   I opened my eyes to Sparrowpaw's furry face gazing down at me. I groaned and bristled my fur "Really Sparrowpaw, you woke me up. I was trying to get some sleep. It's like moonhigh." I flicked my tail to the moon. Sparrowpaw gasped and whispered a sorry and went back to bed. I may as well just stay awake since I probably won't get back to sleep. I walked into the forest cautiously into the night. The crickets were loud and bats squeaking I gazed around, the night was a lot prettier here then at camp. I then realized it was just a half an hour run back to Ivyclan's camp so I took off. I sprinted through the trees hoping I wouldn't get caught. Prey scattered beneath my paws escaping me, but I didn't care. I had to see Willowpaw again. I had to let her know I thought about the day I left over and over in my mind. I neared the camp entrance and paused. I couldn't make any noise. I slowly padded inside camp listening to snoring cats cautiously. I padded into the apprentices den slowly and right before my eyes, the gentle sleeping Willowpaw sleeping peacefully. She twitched a little in her sleep, but didn't wake. I slowly padded beside her nest  in front of her and whispered  "Wake up my little Willow tree." I licked behind her ears and her eyes slowly opened, but then closed again, and opened again in a flash. She sat up quickly shocked. 

    "G-greyfire? Is that really you?" She whispered. I nodded. She threw herself into my paws purring loudly "I've missed you! I knew you would come back, I just knew you would." She whispered. I nodded 

   "I've missed you too, but I have to head back, I had to see you, and let you know that I was still here for you no matter how far away I am." I murmured. Willowpaw nodded slowly and I could feel her smile against my neck. 

    "This is all I need right here, just to see you again. Just to know that you're okay. Just to talk to you again." She sighed. I smiled and saw her yawn. She must be tired. I purred 

    "You must be tired, how about you sleep, it's not good for you to not sleep. Sleep little one, I'll be back in Leaf fall." I whispered. She slurred sleepily. 

    "I'm not.... Tired I just want to be with you I promise, I don't want to go back to....." She collapsed into her nest peacefully sleeping again, but woke up. "Told you, I'm not... Tired" She yawned. I muffled a laugh. 

    "Okay, if you say so, but I want you to sleep still. It's late." I yawned. I should sleep myself. "I'll stay here until you fall asleep." I sighed. She nodded slowly and curled up. I curled up next to her happy to feel her warm fur next to mine once more. She closed her eyes and whispered 

     "Good night Greyfire, see you in Leaf....." She dosed off, I closed my eyes for a quick second and got up. I had to get back, the patrol will be awake soon. I ran out of camp quickly getting back to the patrol. Sparrowpaw was playing around with Lillypaw's tail swishing back and forth in her sleep. I swear she's a kit in her mind. The other apprentices were sleeping peacefully. I lay back down in my nest and eventually fell into a deep sleep. I woke up to Sparrowpaw's paws batting my ears 

     "Time to get up Greyfire! It's Sunrise!" She shouted in my ear. I leaped up my fur bristling. Hazelfang whispered something in Lillyfeather's ear which caused Lillyfeather to flatten her ears. I shrugged and padded over to Lillyfeather. 

    "Good morning Lillyfeather, Hazelfang." I yawned. Hazelfang spat 

    "Why so tired Grey KIT?" I shrugged and Sparrowpaw leaped on my back. 

    "Come on Greyfire let's train!" I sighed and slowly nodded my head padding out of camp shaking Sparrowpaw off. Sparrowpaw squealed in glee as she hopped into the clearing  "What first mighty Greyfire?" She squeaked. I shook my head.