3

Evan sat in his room, sobbing almost hysterically while his mother tried to comfort him. "Honey.. he's going to be okay, I'm sure of it." Heidi cooed, rocking him back and forth in her arms. Evan couldn't respond, his head hurt from the constant crying and grief. Heidi thought for a moment. "Hey.. how about I drive you up to the hospital so you can see him?" She asked. Evan lifted his head, eyes glazed over as he stared at Heidi in fear. "B-but.. what i-if he's angry at me? This w-was all my f-fault to b-begin with.." Heidi cocked her head in confusion. "How so?" She asked. Evan's face heated up as he stared at his blanket. "He.. he told me he l-liked me.." he whispered. "A-and I like him too, I j-just didn't know h-how, and it w-was unexpected.. and he didn't l-let me finish before w-walking away." He sniffled, burying his face in his hands. Heidi stood up with a determined look. "Evan Hansen, you are going to that hospital and talking to that boy. He obviously means alot to you, and you need to explain to him what you were going to say." Evan was frozen, beads of sweat dripping off his face. Heidi took his hand and led him downstairs and to the silver Honda parked out front.

(Time skip brought to you by me not knowing what to say.)

Evan slowly made his way up the stairs of the hospital to the third floor. His mother decided to wait in the lobby, which made Evan's anxiety worse. Breathe Evan.. just look for room 321.. Evan turned the corner to a slightly dim hallway, finding the room on the left side. He paused outside the door, holding a breath as he mentally prepared himself for what was about to happen next.

Connor lay in his hospital bed, glancing angrily down at his broken leg. The fall hadn't killed him, but it did put him into a coma for about a week. His family came once or twice, but they didn't really bother. Larry never accompanied Cynthia and Zoe. He looked up sharply when the door creaked open, a short boy emerging and smiling at him shyly. "H-hey Connor." He stuttured, walking tentatively to his bedside. Connor's feelings began to overwhelm him again, so he didn't say anything in response. Choosing to stare at the wall across the room. Evan noticed this and hung his head. "I'm s-sorry Connor.. you n-never let me finish before y-you stormed o-off." Connor looked back at him, peeking an eyebrow. "What do you mean?" He asked in a croak. Evan looked into his beautiful blue eyes, noticing the speck of brown in the left one. He hesitated, then let out a deep breath. "I was f-flattered, and I w-was trying to explain t-that.. I've h-had a crush on y-you since third g-grade." He finally managed to sputter out. "Butiknowyouprobablyhatemeidontblameyoui-" Connor interrupted him midsentence, by leaning over and hugging him tightly, choosing to ignore the sharp pain in his leg. "I'm so sorry Evan.." he whispered. Evan hugged back, surprise clear in his eyes. "I-its okay, Connor.. just p-please never do t-that again?" He whimpered. Guilt tugged at Connor's heart. He looked down, and after a moment of thinking he decided to go for it. He pulled his head back and pressed his lips against Evan's, who let out a small surprised sound. After a few moments, he relaxed and kissed back as he wrapped a hand around Connor's neck. They pulled away, breathing heavily and stared into eachothers eyes. Connor smiled at Evan's blushing face. "Thank you... for everything." Connor finally murmured. Evan looked down at Connor's broken leg. "Is.. is your leg going to be alright?" He asked. Connor shrugged. "It'll have to be in a cast for a few months, but otherwise it should be." Evan grinned and hugged him, both cherishing the moment. Both boys jumped apart as the door slammed open, revealing Cynthia and Larry Murphy. Larry stared for a second, and then anger overtook his gaze. "Who is this?" He growled to Connor, who was trying his best to mask his fear. Larry took in the fact both boys were blushing hard, and he finally understood. "My son is a fag?" He screamed. Connor's gaze darkened into one of pure hatred as he glared at his father. "Yes, I'm gay." He stated flatly. "I did not raise my son this way! You need to be fixed." He growled as he turned around and stormed out of the room. Cynthia looked at Connor with a sympathetic look, shaking her head. "Connor..." She started. Connor's rage took over. "What, mom?? Are you going to be a homophobic bitch too?" He spat. Cynthia stared for a moment before continuing. "No, Connor. I'm sorry for your father.. but I want you to know I fully support your sexuality. If you're happy, then I am too." Connor was surprised, looking over at Evan. Cynthia tilted her head at Evan. "So.. are you two dating?" She asked. Evan fiddled with the hem of his shirt. "W-well uhm.. I, uh.." "Yes, we are." Connor inturrupted, gazing at Evan with love in his eyes. Evan smiled, and shook his head yes at Cynthia. Cynthia was overjoyed, and she hugged Evan tightly. "Take care of him, Evan." She murmured in his ear. Evan nodded in response as she let go. "I should go find Larry.. I'll try to explain to him this isn't a bad thing. He'll accept it eventually." Connor rolled his eyes. "Yeah, and pigs will fly." He said sarcastically. Cynthia waved goodbye as she left the boys alone once more. Evan looked at the clock before turning to Connor. "My m-mom is waiting in the lobby.. I'll c-come visit you again t-tomorrow, okay?" He asked. Connor nodded and gave him another hug and waved goodbye as Evan left the room. He laid back against his pillow, happiness and disappointment clouding his mind. Evan.. likes me back... I honestly can't believe it. But it's going to be difficult to be together with Larry around.. Connor sighed as he turned over, being careful with his leg and fell into a deep sleep. His dreams were disturbing, he was standing in the old abandoned orchard. He glanced around, and heard a crack from above. He looked up to see a figure at the top branch of the tree. Wait.. Evan? What is he doing up there? Connor couldn't speak, but just stared in horror as Evan glanced to the forest floor, before sliding down until he was hanging by one hand. His arm wasn't in a cast for some reason, which confused Connor. Suddenly Evan plummeted down, hitting multiple branches until he hit the forest floor. Connor tried to scream, but couldn't. He ran over to his boyfriend's body, shaking him vigorously. Evan didn't even take notice of his presence, and Connor concluded he couldn't see him. Evan craddled his arm as he turned and stared directly at Connor. "Connor, wake up." He said. What? Connor was suddenly jolted awake in his hospital bed, a brunette nurse standing beside him. "Nightmare?" She asked him. Connor was dumbfounded, but nodded weakly. She handed him a breakfast tray before leaving the room. Connor's chest tightened as he recalled his dream. He decided he'd tell Evan about it later that day when he came to visit him. He tried to steady his panicked breathing before attempting to eat.

It's kinda cliche, but I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! ^~^