Chapter 4: Katie

Lightning gasped sarcastically, "OH NO! It cannot be! Whatever shall we do?!" Katie wore an annoyed expression. Lightning smirked; he had a whisper of a plan, of course, Ace would have to interpret the plan and pull through, without having talked it out.

"Haha!" Katie laughed haughtily, "Oh Lightning, you shouldn't be worried, but your idiot friend shall pay for what her mother did!!" Ace's eyes widened.

"What Sofie's mother did was not her fault!" Lightning growled. He wasn't really exerting full force into the argument, having still been in deep thought; Ace noticed and suspected a sneaky, interpretive plan brewing up, but Katie was oblivious. Lightning's mind was zapping through other thoughts.

"Anyway," Katie continued, "my daddy wants Ace, but I can do whatever I want with Lightning!" Her eyes shone with a glint of madness. Though Lightning had a feeling in his gut his sneaky plan would work, he was still worried, being unable to talk out the plan with the other half of the team.

"Technically," Lightning said monotonously, "you can't because your specious thoughts will get you nowhere. Ace and I think omnifariously and connect the dots. The dots say, 'you are stuck in a wishy-washy mindset that will be the downfall of you and your father's malice.'

Ace laughed and exclaimed, "Indeed! We will be victorious!" Ace had recognized Lightning's plan to confuse Katie with big words, with wether they were used right, or not. Katie stood still, her eyes narrowed in confusion, but she quickly brushed it aside.

Katie scoffed and exclaimed harshly, "I don't know what you're up to, but quit it! " She huffed and stomped up the stairs.

"Not that I really care, but where are you going?" Ace asked, flummoxed at Katie strange behavior. "Aren't you going to do something to/with us?"

Katie halted and spun around, "Of course I'm going to have myself and my father do something awful to you, Ace, and I'll do something wonderful to Lightning! But first, it's dinner time. I am NOT missing spaghetti night for a loser and the love of my life! Puh-lease! Spaghetti's my favorite." Katie chuckled at the captives' "stupidity" towards the rules of spaghetti night.

Before Ace could answer, Katie thumped up the stairs, greedily rubbing her hands together. Lightning and Ace looked at each other, frankly, they were almost disappointed in her behaviour.

"Well," Ace sighed, "we might as well come up with a real plan now." They both laughed, thinking of how spaghetti night may have saved them.

"I hope the rules of spaghetti night calls for seconds because we may need a while!" Lightning spoke cheerfully. They gave each other a hopeful grin, and started to formulate their plan of escape before spaghetti night ended.

---------------------------------------------------
Author Note~

I know it's been a while and I know it's short, but the well of ideas had run dry. But I really wanted to get this out, and I will make the next one longer. (The draft this is based off was AWFUL it required EXTREME editing. It was funny though)