c h a p t e r 5

I walk out of the room and see Dustin and Amaya watching TV.

"Wassup?," He gets up and walks over to me. He places his hands on my waist, standing infront of me. I look over his shoulder. "You good?,"

"Yeah, " He tries to grab my attention. 

"Nah whats really on your mind?,"

"Nothing, Im fine," He sighs and drags me to the room. He closes the door.

"Asia, I wanna be by your side. To help you, protect you, to love you. But you wont let me do that because your afraid,"

"Whoa, I am nowhere near afraid,"

"Yes you are, your afraid and stubborn. You wont let anybody in and you wonder why you are lonely,"

"I really dont," he just shakes his head.

"You obviously not ready for a relationship Asia," He grabs his jacket and phone.

"Yes I am,"

"Come on Amaya," She runs up to him. I am not about to chase after no nigga.

"Bye Dustin," She waves.

**the next day**

"RING RING!," My alarm goes off. I turn over, hoping to see August. I sigh and thank the Lord for waking me up. I take a shower and toss on some clothes. Good thing Im off today, I wake up Dustin.

"Dustin baby, come on time to get up," He bats his eyes open. 

"Okay," I kiss his cheek and walk out. I check my phone to see if August called or anything. Nope. I walk into the kitchen and make him breakfast. Dustin walks out of the room with his robe on and his bunny slippers. He has his old sippy cup in his hand. I look at him and shake my head.

"Goodmorning mother," He tries to get ontop of the stool.

"Goodmorning son,  well what happened to my son?,"

"That was the old Dustin," I laugh.

"Well hurry up so you can get ready for school,"

"Oh about that," He pours syrup over his pancakes. I take it from him, too much syrup. "I told the teacher I quit," I bust out laughing.

"You told her that you quit?,"

"Yeah, she was giving us homework and I said no. She said yes, then I pulled her to the side and said I quit," I laugh.

"Too bad, you are going back,"

"Darn," He snaps his fingers, well tries. "Im not hungry anymore mommy," His plate is licked clean. 

"I see why, go get dressed," He hops on the stool and runs to his room. I grab the pills and take 2 tablets. Who cares its my day off, I walk to my room. I toss on my shoes and my hair up.

"Mommy!," Dustin runs into the room.

"Yes baby?," I run my fingers through his curls.

"I saw somebody out there, out the window," I look out the window, nothing nobody.

"Baby I see nothing, "

"Mommy I promise there was something there,"

"Okay well lets go before you are late,"

*

"Im a goofy goober yeah!," Dustin sings in the back. I smile and look back towards the road and see things. Strange things as if I was drunk. Dustin's words are slower, everything is colorful. My eyes get heavy and I start swerving to steer straight. "Mommy?!," Dustin yells.

"HONK HONK!," I pull over and take a breather.

"Mommy are you okay?,"

"Yeah, im fine," I drive back to his school. Once I drop him off more side effects start to happen. Emotions flying everywhere. I cant believe I almost put Dustin in danger. We could have gotten into a car accident and he might me calling Mommy anymore. I have to stay away fron those pills. I have too. I walk into the house and straight to my bed. I lay down and rest my head.

"Ding Dong!," I groan and get up. I open the door and Quentin is there. Hoping it was August. 

"Y-," Quentin grabs me and smashes his lips onto mine. I dont kiss him back, I walk back and he follows. His lips still on mine,  I hit a wall. Pain crawling up my back. He slides hand up my shirt. I push him off of me. "Okay..,"

"Come here baby,"

"Whoa Quentin,  what happened before was an accident.  I did-;"

"Sure it was. I need you and you are going to listen,"

"Who the fuck do you think you are?,"

"Your boss now, now undress,"

"Excuse me," He grabs my arm, strong.

"Im your boss, you listen to me or I fire you,"

"Fire me then," I really need this job.

"See I cant let you off that easy darling," He plays with my hair. I swat his hand away.

"Quentin get out of my house, now!,"

"Shut up," He grabs my face and tosses me on his shoulder. He closes all the windows and door. I yell so somebody will hear. "I said shut up," He slams me into a wall. Head first, I look around and I lose concusiousness. Nope not again, I have to fight back. I try and I try, he keeps slamming into the wall when I fight back. My legs are too short to kick him down low. He laughs and tosses me on the bed. "Trust me baby, you will be begging for more," I hear his belt along with his pants drop. I feel his hands pulling down my pants, I squirm and kick.

"Stop!," I lose my breath. "Stop, " That day he raped me 5 times. That is until, 

*

"Asia," August asks, picking me up.  "Are you okay?,"

"August," everything is blury.

"Im here for you," I try to smile. He sets me in the bathwater.  He helps me and washes me up, I start crying. "Its okay," He rinses me off and dries me off as if I was 2. I try and get dressed and I walk down the hall. August sees me struggling and he carries me to my bed. I crawl under the covers and cry myself to sleep.

"Thank you August," I say.

"No problem Asia," He moves a strand out of my face. He kisses my forehead and gets up.

"August can you-," Never mind.

"Yes,"He lays down next to me and I turn around and lay my head into his chest. 

"Thank you, so much," I mumble before sleep takes over me.