Chapter 2 -Who's In Charge?

"My name is Terrence Mosher. I smashed the mirror in my room. These wounds are the result. The big one on my forehead is a laceration. But the rest are incised caused by the shattered glass. There still are shards and small slivers of glass still lodged in some of them. I was wondering if you could help me by extracting them."

"Sure. All we need is a first-aid kit. Hmm... Oh, right there. We'll put one of these chairs right beside it. Come with me. We'll get you cleaned up too."

"Thanks Miss."

"You can call me Michelle."

"Daddy, are we going to help?"

"Yes we are. Let's go with them."

"Um, Michelle is there anything we can do to help?"

"Yes, you could hand me whatever I need from the kit, when I need it."

"So, what will you need first?"

"I'll need lots of disinfectant wipes, some gauze, a bottle of hydrogen peroxide, some bandaids, the small scissors and the tweezers."

"Okay honey, you can bring her those and I'll take these. Just hold them until she asks for them."

It took about 20 minutes just to remove all the glass from his face. Then Michelle started with his hands.

Meanwhile, other people were also wanting things from the kit. Jacob just stood back and let them take what they wanted. Mostly bandaids of various sizes. Soon, there wasn't any left.

"There. Terrence, I think that's about it. You probably should get a damp towel for the wounds that are still bleeding a little. Most of the bleeding has stopped on it's own. Sorry, we don't have anything to stitch up those bigger ones, but you could go to the medical facility on board. They could probably help you with that. Were you knocked unconscious?"

"Yes, but only momentarily."

"Are you feeling dizzy or nauseous?"

"Yes, a little."

"Tell them this. You probably have a slight concussion. They'll know what to do. Oh and you'll be in for a long wait, because of the present crisis."

"I don't think I'll bother, but thank you very much for your help."

"Are you sure? I'm no professional, but my advice is for you to seek medical aid."

"I appreciate your recommendation, but I have more important things to do."

"What could be more important than the health of your brain?"

"Believe me, there are more important issues at stake here."

"Okay, whatever you say."

Terrence nodded and walked away.

"That was weird."

"Yes, he is. I am impressed with your knowledge of first aid."

"Oh, well you know, my company sent me away for training every year. I actually tried to learn as much as I could unlike many of the others."

"I see. Did either of you two get hurt?"

"No. Daddy wrapped me up in a blanket, put pillows and a mattress on top of me. Then he jumped on top too. Was he ever heavy!"

"Really? Wow, your dad really wanted you to be safe. My daddy was like that too."

"Did he put a mattress on you and jump on it too?"

"Ha. No, but he did other things to protect and help me."

"Honey, Michelle and I need to talk about something important now, okay?"