(Ten)

"So... What happened to everybody? Did they all make it out of Savannah?"

Kenny had taken Cry inside and sat him down on a couch near a fireplace. He had appraised him for a moment, probably wondering if the masked man would say something first, but Cry was at a loss of what he could say in this instance. He was still a bit shocked at the information that he was trapped inside of a video game again. The same one as last time, in fact.

"I'm not sure," he lied. He couldn't let on that he knew any more than he should. "I made it out to Omid and Christa and we were waiting out by the train for any others who made it out. I got really sick though, just like James and Felix and those guys. I was worried it might be contagious, so rather than put  everyone at risk, I took off on my own."

"Shit... I see you pulled through though."

Cry nodded. "It was shaky for a while. I was lucky though, and eventually started to get better. Never managed to meet up with anyone else from the group until now." He paused, then decided to change the topic before too many questions were asked. "How'd you make it out alive?"

Kenny sighed and rubbed a hand over his face. "I went after that idiot, Ben. We got swarmed; I couldn't save him. I could barely make it out of there, but I guess I got lucky too. Very lucky. I can still hardly believe I survived that shit." Kenny took a deep breath, a dark look coming over his face. "Things were... rough for a while after that. I still wasn't doing well after Du-" his voice cut off and he had to clear his throat. "After my son, and... Well, eventually I ran into Sarita and things fell into place."

Playing his part, Cry asked, "Sarita?"

Kenny stood up, gesturing for Cry to do the same. "Ah, that's right. I haven't introduced you yet."

Cry was led to an area that appeared to be where meals took place in the building, then was told to wait there. Kenny left and returned a couple of minutes later with two people in tow. One was a woman with caramel coloured skin and dark, shoulder length hair, and the other was a balding man with a kind smile.

"Walter, Sarita," Kenny began, "this is Cry. I used to travel in the same group as him. Cry, this is my beautiful wife Sarita, and my good friend Walter."

Cry shook both of their hands in turn. "It's nice to meet you." Then he turned to Walter, "Oh, and also, Matthew wanted me to let you know that he'll be up in a few days."

Walter nodded in acknowledgement. "Alright. I suppose he sent you up here for somewhere to stay the night?" Cry confirmed this. "I'll show you to your room then. It's late, we should get to bed. We can talk more in the morning."

<><><>

As it turned out, it was decided that Cry could stay with them if he so wished. With no other plan in mind, Cry accepted the offer. While he was still in search of (Y/n), he had no clue as to where to start other than staying in the storyline. He only hoped that she'd have the same idea. It was his best bet at finding her. If he was correct in assuming that she had pulled back into the game as well, that was.

Weeks passed. Cry reconnected with Kenny even though he had changed since the last time Cry had been in the game with him. He also got along with Walter and Matthew (when the latter was actually at the lodge and not guarding the bridge) rather well, and Sarita was decent as well. Cry finally acquired a weapon to protect himself.