chapter 13: why me

Hiccup POV

After I exit Elsa's room I go back in knowing she won't be able to sleep with out me. I climb into bed and fall asleep.

               .............................................................................................

Elsa POV

I feel warm hands wrap around me, I know its Hiccup he is the only one who knows I can't sleep with out him. the sun is shining through a gap in the curtains. I shake Hiccup gently.

when he awakes he kisses me. I don't hesitate to kiss him back, I haven't had any emotion towards me since last night when Jack had layed beside me.

I get up and get dressed letting my hair run down in small curls down my back. Hiccup is ready to go and we head to breakfast. when we get to the table Jack is there. I know he loves me but I can't love him the way he loves me I only have eyes for Hiccup.

as we get seated tons of delicious platters are served to us. I love the soup more than anything. I can see Jack staring at me out of the corner of my eye. I get up and head outside I needs to think, I needed fresh air.

I walked into the woods, thinking about everything that had happened these past few days. my life had gone mad. I didn't know how to react to any of this.

I lean against a tree and cross my arms staring out at the houses below me. then I hear a noise and turn around. Jack is standing in front of me once more. stop creeping up on me I scold at him. sorry he says.

I can feel his arms starting to wrap around me, he's trying to comfort me. I pull back before he can. I'm sorry jack I can't respond to you the way you want me to I say. I can see the perplexed look on his face. just give me a chance he pleads. I don't know I say, I don't want to hurt anyone I say. please he begs.

I'll think about it. I say hesitantly before I run as fast as I can back to the castle.

Jack POV

she doesn't love me but I'm willing to give it a chance. she runs away. I have to try, somehow I say.

Hiccup POV

when I come out of the bathroom, Elsa is in tears. what did he do to you I ask. nothing she says its just, why did my life have to be so complicated. why me she says.

Elsa POV

I collapse in Hiccups arms, drenching him in tears. I know i sound weak but I can't help it. i can't choose, or I'll tear someone's heart apart.