prologue.

sweat was trickling– trickling, that's how much there was– down his neck. his shirt collar must be soaked, and the second hand fan wasn't doing much good in terms of cooling him down.

"summer always kills my vibe." namjoom grumbles. yoongi was leaning against his thigh, playing something on his PSVITA, which hoseok snatches out of his hands in disgust.

"you don't even like games," hoseok accuses, stuffing the vita into his bag. yoongi huffs, staring up at the ceiling. "'we're best buds, we share everything together!' best buds, my left ass cheek."

the lunch hall was pretty much empty, all the kids dispersed as soon as they got their food to enjoy the summer sun as long as they could. namjoon takes the book he was immersed in and places it on his head, across his eyes, lying down on the table. "the sun is a deadly laser." he groans.

hoseok smacks namjoon's calf, causing him to sit up. "oww, what the hell, hoseok?!"

"look. it's those weirdos again." hoseok hisses. both yoongi and namjoon look across the hall, at the three boys huddled around a small table, whispering. yoongi rolls his eyes.

"blah blah blah, they give you the creeps, blah blah blah. how about you give them a rest, hoseok?" yoongi retorts, resting his head on namjoon's thigh again. hoseok shifts in his seat uncomfortably.

because all three boys turned around to stare at them.