Chapter 29: Magic Fingers

My arms feel like jelly as we reach the ground. Keeping them hanging at my side, I make sure Victor is in front of me as we join our group at the bottom. Glancing over his arms, I can tell that he is feeling similarly to me and I make a mental note to make sure to pack ice.

Taking a slow breath, I watch as Victor is knocked over by Sang who is unable to control her tears. Her arms tighten around the male as she barriers her face into his shoulder. Victor quickly wraps his arms around her in response and showers her with kisses. Smirking at the two love birds, I make my way over to the group of guides, avoiding the mesh of emotions coming from the others.

"Where was the guide?" I question keeping my tone calm even though I want to scream at them for what had just happened. It didn't matter what the excuse was, everyone was at fault for not keeping an eye out.

"Unknown Ma' am. He was to be stationed here throughout the entire day." The male in charge states worry clearly etched in his face. He knew he was in trouble. Good.

"Go report the accident and get the man's name down" I state and the male quickly rushes off. All that we could do now is try and prevent it from occurring again.

As a team, it was important to be observant and even if the guide had walked off, someone should have noticed something before an Academy member stepped onto the equipment.

Taking a calming breath, I move back to the others, Axel approaches me first and points me toward a sitting area off to the side. Nodding, I sit side saddle at the picnic table and allow my arms to rest. Closing my eyes, I do my best to will away the pain but I can feel the throbbing sensations grow.

"Definitely going to feel this one for a while." I state trying to add humor to the situation.

"Smooth moves their little crow." Raven states his eyes roaming my body making me shiver slightly. That accent must get him a lot of panties. Trying not to give away my attraction, I glance to Axel who motions toward Marc.

Raising an eye brow, I glance to the male who provides a gentle smile before reaching out for one of my hands. Sensing my hesitation, Axel nods. "Let Marc look." Looking back to the male, we stare each other down for a moment before I carefully move my left hand into his.

Wrapping his hand delicately around my own, his fingers slowly begin massaging my fingers causing me to tense up then relax. It actually felt good. Studying the male in front of me, I glance to Axel and smirk.

"I can see why you keep him around." I smirk and gently remove my hand from Marc's grip who looks at me surprised.

"Sarah-" I shake my head as Axel tries to get me to continue.

"Angel and I can't relax right now." I state smiling down at Marc whose eyes widen slightly. "I am on a job. But I will take you up on this offer later,"

I begin walking away when the calm crisp voice of Marc washes over me. "When?" Pausing, I glance back for a moment before pulling out my phone. Scrolling through my phone to the calendar, I glance to the male.

"Tonight at 12?" I question looking to Axel who nods in confirmation. "Roberts has my contact info." I state before moving to the Blackbourne group.

My mind spins and my heart throbs as I slowly walk away allowing myself a second to gather my thoughts. When was the last time I had gone on a date? Was this a date? Was this a good idea?

Thankfully, I am pulled away from the billions of questions forming in my mind as Silas comes over to me a smile on his lips. "Nice job." He states glancing over at Victor who is now being hugged by Luke and Gabriel. "I wouldn't have noticed until it was too late." There is a pause and I glance to the male before smirking.

"Thank you for trusting me." I state, causing the giant besides me to turn in surprise. "It was you that allowed this to work. No one else would have listening to my directions... well maybe Gabriel but he wouldn't be able to lift me." Listening to the giant laugh, I meet those dark silvery eyes as Blackbourne comes up to us.

"Nice job Miss. Black." Fuck it didn't sound very appreciative but I will take it, it was something.

Feeling my phone vibrate, I quickly pull it out and instantly begin to frown as video footage of appears of Father of the Year enters the Morgan residence with what looks like a stripper.

Whelp my day just got better.