8. Wednesday

When I walk into our classroom, its just way too early. I didnt really sleep well last night, actually not at all. And it fucks with my head.

I look a bit around, seeing a lot people who have been there yesterday too. Looking as unmotivated as me, probably having a hangover. Im lucky I dont have one, even though I wish I would have one. It could have helped me forget a bit.

I notice that Nolan is missing and Sophia too.

While the teacher talks, I find myself laying onto the table, propping my head up a bit.

I dont really feel like being here. At all. And I dont really want to see Nolan, nor do I want to see Shawn.

I look up when I hear the door open. I watch Sophia join me quietly.

"Hey" She smiles. I smile back and continue laying on the table with my head.

As soon as the bell rings most people stand up. I want to stand up and go out too, but Sophia stays sitting there.

"Dont you want to go into the cafeteria?" I ask.

"Not really, I always stay inside" She explains.

"I actually never saw you hang out with Nolan and his friends" I state when I sit back down in my seat, staying with her.

"I dont really like them that much" She shrugs.

"Okay, but why?" I ask.

"Because I know them. They are pretending to be someone else, someone cool and nice, but thats not who they really are" She explains, having me a bit confused.

"Nolan too?" I ask.

"I dont really know him that well, sorry" She says.

"Is it okay if I sit here the rest of the day next to you?" I ask, watching her smile. She seems pretty cool, Im not gonna lie.

After the break is over, I see Nolan walk in. Wearing sweatpants and tinted sunglasses. Definitely having a hangover.

"Why didnt you join us?" Nolan smiles and takes his glasses off.

"I didnt even know that you decided to come to school" I explain.

"Well I did" He laughs.

"Okay cool" I nod and look back at Sophia, asking her something.