Chapter 1~Deaths Dispair

"Let the 67th Hunger Games begin " the dreaded voice echoed throughout the arena, bouncing off its encasing seethrough walls.

'This is it'  Her voice encouraged, talking to herself as the only source of comfort.

"3"

'I can do this....can't I?' She questioned, odds looking against her as she faced trained killers.

"2"

'Come on Acai!' She shouted at herself, leaning forward and getting ready to push off the silver podium that stuck up from the ground, another eleven around her forming a perfict circle. All surrounding one thing.

The Cornucopia.

"1"

With the last number of the countdown projecting through the speakers, everyone started running in different directions. Some dashing into the forest, most from the smaller districts who were trying their best to maximize their time in the games.Others, some fools and some trained since birth for this day, running into the middle that would soon be painted with blood...

Quickly pushing herself off the podium, Acai advanced quickly through the long grass. Anxiety and adrenalin burning through her veins as she ran full pelt at the large open piles of supplies, her heart beat bearly drowning out the sounds of the piercing screams.

Quickly noticing how most of the careers were occupied with the people who had an unfortunate date with death, Acai saw her chance.

Pushing off the dry ground, she quickly slid in towards a bag that was lying on the ground.

Bending down on her knees to be as small as possible and less of a target to the others, she quickly slipped the back onto her back.

As she tried to rise back up again, a weight knocked her back down and into her knees. Whipping her head in the direction of the hit, her blood run cold as her eyes landed upon one of the other tributes.

Quickly scrambling back onto her feet, the other threateningly pushed his head forward. Almost as if saying 'what the hell are you looking at'. As he was about to jump onto her, knife in hand as it stood upright, ready to pierce the skin a body knocked him back.

Acai took it as her chance as she quickly got up and turned, running for cover in the forest as fast as he legs would let her.

Although the forest was patchy, letting beams of light into it and open ground as trees were scattered randomly around the open area of the field.

But that pace soon came to an abrupt stop at the sight of her fellow district member lying on the floor, relief flooding over her as she saw he was still alive.

Without thinking twice she ran over to him, slipping her arm under him and pulling him up.

"Get up! Get up!" She shouted as she pulled him to his feet, him groaning in response as he clutched at his wounded stomach. 

Both fleeing off into the forest along with the other surviving districts that didn't meet the sharp blade of the careers weapon...

"What the hell are you doing" One of the career boys spat, sitting his broad self down on one of the containers. Wiping the sweat the formed on his head from the blazing sun, his hands being covered in blood and if he wasn't careful, would also be on his face. Not that that bothered the brown haired boy with dark brown eyes.