eight

I followed Draco all the way up to the Astronomy Tower. He sat in one of the corners and stared out at the night sky. I walked up behind him quietly and sat down next to him. "What's wrong, Draco?" I asked, touching his shoulder gently. He looked over at me and his eyes looked empty. We stared at each other in silence, then all of the sudden he leaned in. Our lips touched and I felt every spark I ever needed to feel. Every emotion I ever wanted to feel. When we parted, I smiled. He didn't.

       "I'm sorry, Harry. I-" He let out a small cry and buried his face in his knees as he wrapped his arms around himself. I wrapped my arms around him and held him as he cried. "I'm... I'm a Malfoy. I'm Draco Malfoy, Harry. I can't. I'm not supposed to-" I kissed him, this time letting it linger a little longer. "I'm not supposed to have these feelings for you, but I can't seem to stop them. Trust me I've tried." He sighed, moving to stand. "Ever since we first met, I've had these feelings. That's why I was so rude to you before we became close." When I stood, he grabbed my hand and interlaced our fingers. "I've wanted to do this for years now, Harry, but I couldn't." I nodded, knowing. We stood in silence, hands intertwined, watching out at the night sky. It was getting colder, winter would be here soon. Meaning the Yule Ball invitations would be starting soon.

       "I really like you, Draco. I have since that day in Diagon Alley." I smiled softly at the memory of when we first met.

     "I really like you too, Harry." He looked over at me and I met him for a kiss. I wrapped my arms around his waist, his around the back of my neck. The kiss seemed to last a lifetime, but was only a few moments. "It's getting late, and I'm getting cold. We should say goodnight." He looked down the moment we parted. I nodded. "Goodnight, Harry."

     "Goodnight, Draco." I kissed the top of his head and walked him down to the Dungeons before going up to bed. I'll tell Ron and Hermione in the morning. I fell asleep with the memory of Draco's lips in my head.