Chapter 2

*John's POV*

"Katherine..... I uh I"
"You two know each other?" Taylor asked his face going pale. "Yep," Katherine says popping the p.

"What the fuck dad! You're a married man! This is wrong, does mom know?" Katherine screams at me moving closer and jabbing her finger into my face.

"Katherine.... please let me explain," I glance over at Taylor and he steps away from me with a disgusted look on his face. "I met Taylor almost a year ago, me and your mother were in a fight, I was a the bar," I take a deep breath.

"Taylor sat next to me and we talked, it was perfect, he comforted me without knowing my problem and soon we fell in love" I glance a Katherine then quickly look back down to my feet seeing that she has started to cry.

Taylor walks over and puts an arm around Katherine. "I think it's best if you leave," he says looking at me in a way I've never seen him look at anyone.

I pick up my windbreaker and step out of the apartment. I know what I've done is wrong, but I couldn't help loving Taylor, and my wife she has been suffering. She has cancer and I can't leave her, not while she's sick.

I had planned on waiting until she got better and then telling her that we had just grown apart. I was planning on telling her about Taylor, but I guess Katherine will do that for me now.

*Taylor's POV*

I walk her into the living room and we sit down on the couch. She's sobbing, shaking, and holding on to me for dear life. It's as if she were to let go she would simply float away.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't know that he was married, I didn't know that he had children," I slowly pull my fingers through her tangled hair. "I'm sorry."

We sit like that for over an hour, her crying and me comforting her until finally she sits up and wipes her eyes. "Please don't apologize to me, it's not your fault," her skin is pink and she looks completely helpless.

I nod and then we just sit there, no words were spoken for the next half hour but the silence was comforting in knowing that only a few inches away there was a living being, a working mind, a beating heart.

*Katherine's POV*

I glance down at my phone and realize that two hours had passed since my dad left. "Taylor, I think it's best that I go home now," I say looking over at him.

"Do you want me to call you a cab?" he asks looking over at me. "Nah, I left my car in the bar parking lot," I say, standing.

Taylor stands and we look at each other for a brief moment before he closes the space between us and engulfs me in a hug. After a moment I pull away and thank him one last time before leaving.

The walk over to the bar parking lot is cold and I didn't bring a jacket because the weather last night had been quite warm. When I finally reach my car I get in and turn on the heater.

I pull out of the parking lot and as I go to turn the corner a man jumps out in front of my car. I swerve, but it's too late, I hear a thud and the mans body is halfway through my front window.

The airbags go off and my head is slammed back into my seat, the cut on my nose reopens and I black out.

*Taylor's POV*

I watch her walk over to the parking lot and get into her car. She turns the corner, a man walks down the sidewalk, as he sees her speed up he starts to run.
I scream but it's too late, the man throws himself in front of her car.

His body crashes through her front window. She tried to swerve, but the man knew what he was doing, he threw himself in front of her car.

The man was John.