XXXVI- Safe Travels

Hermione,Ginny, and Draco watched in slight disgust as Diana was Transfigured from a girl to a small dog.
"I thought she would like that better than a cat," Dumbledore sighed, handing the sleeping puppy to Ginny, who cuddled it gladly, seeing as it was really her best friend.
  Dumbledore easily read all of their expressions. "I know it's difficult, but it really is the most humane option," he sighed empathetically.

They all nodded.
"You must leave at once. The train will take you back to London. Now, you are to find the airport immediately. You will land in New York, and you are not to check into a hotel, seeing as it would be too dangerous. Remember everything that I said,"
Dumbledore advised.
Everyone nodded and mumbled in acknowledgment.
"Don't worry about school, nothing important is happening, you of course have my permission to be absent. Your parents are being notified as we speak. Go pack light bags for your journey. Now, go on. Save your friend," Dumbledore nodded grimly.

Everyone took off immediately. Just outside the door, Hermione waited as Ginny confidently approached Draco.
"What do you want?" he muttered.
"Shut up, you pathetic arse, I'm trying to do something noble. Now, I know that Diana trusted you, a lot. And so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and trust you with her," she announced impatiently, handing Draco the puppy more gently.
"Thanks, Weasley," he said quickly, heading off to his dormitory to pack.

He placed the sleeping puppy gently in the bag that Dumbledore had given, careful to give Diana room to breathe. He packed a quick bag; just Muggle clothes and a pocket knife. He carefully placed his wand into his front pocket, covering it up with his shirt. He didn't feel like risking losing a buttock. And he knew Diana would want him to be extra safe. Then, he packed a quick bag for Diana; her clothes,rings, and special sword. He regretted not asking where and how she'd gotten it.

He knew she wouldn't want much, and he also felt somewhat uncomfortable going through his friends belongings, specifically her clothes

He knew she wouldn't want much, and he also felt somewhat uncomfortable going through his friends belongings, specifically her clothes. He packed his bags and met the two Gryffindor girls outside near the train. They hopped on, and no one was in the mood for sweets when the Trolley Witch passed by.
  Although Draco called,"On second thought, I'll have two Chocolate Frogs and a Pumpkin Pasty."
  Hermione and Ginny both glares. "You're seriously buying candy now?" Hermione glowered.
  Draco sneered, his emotional defensive maneuver. "Thought you were supposed to be smart, Granger. These are for the road."

Ginny looked away furiously as well as uncomfortably, and Hermione frowned, looking down at her lap with guilt. The train ride was a very silent and awkward one. After about three quarters of an hour, Ginny Weasley sighed with exhaustion.
"This awkwardness is burning a lot of my energy, so does anyone want to talk, or shall I?"
Draco sighed. "I suppose it would be a good idea to tell you what Dumbledore told me. He told me that I am the leader of this quest, and that I am responsible for Diana," he announced.
Hermione gaped at him in disgust. "You?! Why would he choose you?" she asked.
"That's none of your business. The important thing is that he chose me. So therefore, I am in charge of making decisions for Diana," he said with fierce finality.