14. Home

It's been two weeks since my last conversation with Charles. He did drop by a couple of times to see how I was doing, but doctor Lawrence always kicked him out. Always telling him that stress and overthinking would slow down my healing process.

I was pretty screwed up with broken ribs...collar bone...concussion.......the list went on.

Worst of all was my arm. It was in such bad condition that the subject of amputation had come up, seizing every muscle in my body. I couldn't live the life I was given if any of my limbs were taken away, but thankfully doctor Lawrence had immediately dismissed the idea. My arm was in total ruins due to the ceiling wall that had crushed all the bones, and almost killing all nerves. I had a total of five surgeries so far, and each one.. more brutal than the last.

It was a gruesome process, and I was in extreme pain through most of it all. I was told I would need weekly checkups, along with serious injections. The injections would be extremely painful, due to the fact that they would be unable to inject me with any pain killers. Fear that the morphine would interfere with the dose needed to help the muscle regenerate tissue and nerves.

It was pure agony, and Dr. Lawrence was the only one here to stand by my side during this traumatic process.

I was also informed that I would be attending many sessions of physical therapy, but that was a given. There was no way I would be able to move my arm without it. Dr. Lawrence has been a great help. Always making sure I was comfortable and supporting me through the pain. I haven't seen any new faces around here.

Dr. Lawrence, her crew, and Charles have been the only ones keeping me company, but the man they call Mason hasn't made an appearance in this room ever since. I believe I did catch him once. I was unable to sleep and was turning the whole night and from the corner of my eye I had seen a figure.

He quickly averted his face so I wasn't able to see much, but I'm pretty sure it was him.

The man confuses me like crazy...

First he acts as if he knows me, showing so much care its ridiculous, but then he disappears. When Charles had told me that I would be working with Mason I immediately rejected. It's not that I had anything against the guy, it's just I didn't know a damn thing about practically anything. it's funny how so much concerned me, and yet, I am the one left in the dark.

After two long hours of Charles explaining the benefits, and opportunities that would be granted to me, I had no other choice but to give in. I had nowhere to go, and Silas would never leave me alone, but these people...the division five, they want what I want, Silas gone and how stupid could I be to say no.

I had an army behind me now, and I didn't have to run anymore. He said I would go through intense training after I heal completely. They had many courses in the training area, and I was to be placed in each and every one. It was sure to be exhausting, but I was ready. I was literally born for this. I will face Silas again and this time I won't be alone.

Well, hopefully...

--------------------------

"Can you move your fingers for me?" Josh, the physical therapist asked .

It's been a month and a half since the day of the explosion. I have been doing great progress, but the only obstacle now was my arm. I was able to fully move it, though painful it is. They said the pain would be with me forever, but it was better than losing my arm fully. The advancement of the medicine here was astonishing...mind blowing really. In a regular hospital the healing process would take months, but here they have been able to minimize that to a matter of weeks.