Chapter 2

I have no idea how long I've been unconscious. I have no idea if my mother is alive. I don't know if those...those things are dead or not. All I know, is that it hurts all over.

My throat aches and burns. My leg feels like it's on fire. My head won't stop pounding. My chest feels like an elephant is sitting on it. My lungs burn each time I take a breath.

I try to claw my way back to consciousness, but my brain is too muddled to process anything.

"How long is she going to stay like this?" A voice whispers and echos.

Wait. I know that voice. Mom.

I try harder, pushing against the thick blanket of unconsciousness.

"We don't know." An unfamiliar voice replies. "Until Cas gets here, it's probably best that she stays out of it."

"Who's Cas?" Mom asks. "Is he a doctor? How can he help her?"

"He's-"

"He's not a doctor." Another voice speaks up, his voice muddled by a thick British accent.

Mom screams.

I struggle harder, trying to move my eyes, lips, hands, something! But my body won't respond.

"Hey, hey. It's okay." Voice Number 1 soothes.

"Where the hell did you come from?!" Mom cries, her voice teetering on hysteria.

"Hell." Voice Number 2 replies, seemingly unfazed by Mom's reaction.

"What are you doing here, Crowley?" A third voice asks.

"Well, I heard that a few of my demons decided to pay this little family a visit. I figured I drop by and clean up. But there's nothing to clean up."

"Did you send them?" Voice Number 3 asks.

"Of course not. Why would I want to kill humans?"

"Who sent them then?" Voice Number 1 asks.

"How am I supposed to know?" Crowley replies.

"They're your demons." Voice Number 3 says.

"True. But I can't keep track of all of them. There's too many."

"They tried to kill my daughter!" Mom cries, anger boiling in her voice. "I want to know why!"

"I can tell you why." A fourth voice replies calmly.

"What are you talking about, Cas?" Voice Number 1 asks.

"I checked Heavens records and found a file of hunters and their families. Your names were listed."

"What are you talking about?" Mom asks. Cas must have directed the the statement to her.

"You're Carine, correct?" Cas asks. "She's Caitlin?"

"Yeah. How do you know our names?"

"I'm an angel." Cas says blankly.

"Get to the point, Cas." Voice Number 3 says.

"They were listed under Winchester." Cas says. "Caitlin is a Winchester."

"No, she's not. She's a Lucas." Mom interjects.

"She's your's and Dean's daughter."

Silence overcomes the group.

"What?" Mom and Voice Number 3 asks.

"Cassie has a point." Crowley says. "Demons aren't fond of you."

Pain shoots up my leg. I moan. Wait. I made a noise!!

"Caitlin? Baby?" Mom asks worriedly.

"Can you heal her, Cas?" Voice Number 1 asks.

"Yes."

I feel two fingers press against my forehead. Suddenly, all the pain is gone, replaced by exhaustion. Before I know it I'm falling...falling...falling...right back where I started.