Look What I Found

Beca's POV

It was the afternoon the day before Thanksgiving, the sky was a perfect shade of blue. 

I was walking back to my dorm room with a to go bag from a local restaurant in my hand. 

Most students left Barden to go back home, so I was on my own for tonight. 

Since I live close to the campus, I decided to go home tomorrow morning. Plus, it means less time with the step-monster. 

As I approached my door, I noticed something different; an envelope was taped to it. 

I gently took it off the door and examined the off white envelope with my name written in cursive.

"What the hell? Who left it? It wasn't here when I left and everyone went home already." I whispered as I shook my head in disbelief. 

I opened the dorm door, set my takeout on my desk, got comfortable and sat down on my bed.

I admired the cursive, using my finger to trace the loopy letters that spelt out Beca. 

I gently turned it over, and carefully teared open the envelope at the top.

I took out the letter, some rose petals fell out when I did so. 

"Cheesy." I said, a smile growing on my face.

I unfolded the letter.

Dear Beca,

I know what you're thinking...cheesy? But you should know by now, it's the only way I do things. 

And I thought this is the way I should do things.

Love is a crazy thing. It makes you venerable, it makes you do things that you have never done before. It makes you feel things that you have never even imagined feeling.

I never thought I would get to experience anything like that, but then I met you.

Beca Mitchell, you rocked my world. 

All I want to do nowadays is make you smile. Hear your adorable laugh. Make you roll your eyes at me when I tell you "stupid" jokes. 

You make me want to be a better person than I am today. I want to be the best I can be, so I can support you and your dreams. 

The last few years have been the best ones because of you. Look out your window.

Love,

Jesse.

A tear slides down my cheek as I roll out of my bed and run to my window. 

I look outside to find Jesse standing there, a red rose in his hand smiling up at me.

I run outside, and run into his arms.

"Jesse!" I whisper.

"Hi Bec." He whispers back, holding me tightly in his arms. 

"You're here! I thought you left this morning!" I smile as I pull back and looks into the chocolate brown eyes that I fell in love with years ago.

"Well, change of plans darling." He smiles and goes down on one knee.

"Oh...oh...oh my God." I squeak out as my hands fly to my mouth, more tears slide down my already wet cheeks.

"Beca, you're the definition of love, our relationship is the definition of love. I promise you that I will do everything in my power to help you succeed. I will help you achieve your dreams as we conquer the world together. But first, I ask you to help achieve my dream." He pauses, looks up and smiles at me. His hands are shaking as he opens the small, velvet box, revealing a gorgeous ring.

"Will you marry me?"

I let out a loud sob as I drop to my knees.

"Yes...yes..yes..of course!"

Our lips meet each other's, the best kiss of my life, the best kiss we ever shared. 

We then hug tightly and admire the ring. 

"It's perfect, just like you." I whisper.

"More like you." He grins and kisses my forehead.

In the near distance, we hear clapping.

"Surprise number three beautiful, our family."

The Bellas and Trebles come over to us to congratulate us. 

After awhile of congratulations, we all walk to the parking lot, where I am surprised again with a bus that will take us all to the beach house to spend Thanksgiving. 

"Happy early Thanksgiving, love." Jesse smiles and kisses me.

"Thank you, I love you very much...love." I giggle, copying him.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys!

What did y'all think of this little story? If you like it, maybe I'll do more! I'm even willing to make more, similar to this short story. 

If you message/comment ideas, I'll take a look and see if I can write about it. I WILL EVEN DO OTHER SHIPS LIKE BECHLOE. (only if I know them)

Please let me know what you think so I have the inspiration to stay and not go MIA for awhile.

Thanks :)

G