The Second Attempt

Griff's POV:

I won't forget the girl from yesterday.  But...there's a chance I will never know who it is.  The important thing is, I need to break up with Zuri.  So obviously, one on one talking didn't work.  So...maybe a letter?

I didn't see Lily at breakfast today, so I first walked into Woodchuck Cabin.  The door squeaked as I pushed it open.  I looked around the cabin to see Lily, fast asleep on her bed.  

I walk over to her bed and start tickling her.

She immediately woke up and started squirming.

"GRIFF!"  She started giggling uncontrollably.

I got on top of her to keep a firmer grip.  I laughed while she giggled and squirmed.  Then she grabbed my wrists and flipped me over.  Lily started tickling me.

"Okay, okay!  I give up!  You win!  You win!"  I yelled as she smirked.

"Oh.  Did I miss breakfast?"  She asked.

"Yeah.  That's why I woke you up."  I said, looking up at here.

She got off of me.  We both sat next to each other.

"Okay.  I'm going to change.  Hold on for a sec."  She grabbed some clothes and headed to the bathroom.

I sat on her bed, waiting.  I lay down and feel something hard under the pillow.  Reaching under the pillow, I pulled out a black journal.

Being the nosy person I am, I opened it to the first page.

At the top, I saw something written in neat handwriting.  

Dear Diary,

I immediately close it, knowing that it was bad to peek into other people's privacy.  As I heard the bathroom door unlock, I slip it back under the pillow.  

"Oh.  Thanks for waiting.  But, I'm just going to grab some grapes for breakfast.  You don't have to come with me."  She said.

"Oh okay.  I'll be in my cabin if you need me."  I smiled while we both walk out of the cabin.

She walks to the mess hall while I walk to Grizzly Cabin.  I take out my own notebook and start writing.  

Zuri,

I don't think things are going well.  And you've just been so manipulative that I can't handle it anymore.  

You put a tarantula in Lily's bed.  You almost drowned her as well.  I can't put up with you anymore.  

I'm breaking up with you.  And if you want to know the more detailed reasons, ask me.  I don't even think that we can be friends anymore.  You put my friend's life in danger.  That is something I can never forgive you for.

I'm sorry.

-Griff

I put my pencil down, folding the paper in half.  I walked out of my cabin and into Woodchuck Cabin.  Opening the door, I put the letter on her bed.

As I started to head for the door, something stopped me.  I couldn't break up with someone over letter.  No matter how much I wanted to break with her, I knew I had to do it face to face. 

 Grabbing the letter, I ran out of the cabin.  I ripped it to pieces and threw it into the trash.  How would I get the courage to do this...

"Griff?"  I turned around to see Lily.  "Are you okay?"  Lily walked down the stairs of Grizzly Cabin.

"Yeah.  I'm fine.  I...just need to be alone."  

I ran to the lake.  Sitting under a shady tree, I stared at the water for quite a while.  

// time skip //

I heard a rustling in the trees behind me.  A hand was placed on my shoulder.  I looked over to see Lily sitting beside me, not saying a word.  

She slipped her hand in mine, and put her head on my shoulder.  

And we just sat there, enjoying the silence.  I looked at her head, still on my shoulder.  I couldn't have asked for a better friend.

//////////

A/N:

Hey!  So I'm thinking of adding another character in this story.  So if you have a guy's name I could use, that'd be great!

Thanks to everyone who's added my story, voted, commented, or followed!  

~dreamless~