1-Realizing

I woke up at 2:00 O' Clock to the sound of gunshots.. I Rolled out of my bed and on the floor... I kept my head down near the ground and crawled towards my little brothers and sisters room.. Both of them were already on the ground.. "Y'all Alright??" I Asked as I started to sit up a little. "Yea I 'am Fine , but Dream is a little shaking up... She was sleeping well before the gunshots started." My 6 Year old brother Journey Said. I scooted towards Dream and put my arms around her. "Your alright." I Said With a caring tone.. She Laid Her head against my chest.. I Felt horrible that my 2 year old sister had to go threw this. I Could hear Footsteps but they were soft like they trying to be quiet.. I looked at Dream and Journey. "Get under the bed... HURRY UP!" I whispered. "Why Experience?" Journey Asked as he was slow climbing under the bed. "Cause!" I Responded. He climbed under the bed pulling Dream with him.. I Sat In in the corner behind the door where I could see a dark shadow moving closer to the room. When the shadow finally made it to the doorway.. I seen the shadows head peep in then I Heard a whisper. "Journey, Dream, Experience!! I know y'all in here." Someone said in a loud whisper.I stepped from behind the bed to see my mom in a pink robe with ducky slippers on.. "Hey Baby where you brother and sister??" She Asked in a nervous tone. "Under the bed I thought you was a shooter or something so I told them to hide." Just As I said That a bullet came flying threw the window and hit a vase." OH SHIT!" My Mother screamed as the threw her body to the ground. The shooting kept going on.. Journey and Dream fell asleep under the bed while my mother fell asleep in the middle of the floor.. but me I couldn't sleep.. every time I blinked my eyes. I imagined that I Was out there shooting. I Managed to force my eyes closed but woke up at 8:00 to the smell of bacon. I walked in the living room to see my mother slaving over the stove cooking bacon.. "Good Morning." I Said as I rubbed my eyes. "Hey Experience.. You mind running to the store and getting me some Butter and eggs?" My Mother asked. "Nope, I'll go get it." I replied. I Walked to my room. " Ain't that sum shit you wake up with a good attitude and you get a can you get me sum eggs.. What in the hell do I look like.. I slave!" I mumbled under my breath as I put on my Adidas Outfit. "I am gonna be slaving my belt ova yo ass keep talking like that." My Mother said as she walked in handing me the money. "I was just playing!" I responded with a smile.. but as my back turns toward her I rolled my eyes. I Grabbed grabbed the money and was on my way. I Walked Out the door and started walking up the street. As soon as I passed the yellow Bmw sitting only a few cars away from my mother's red Mercedes I seem to bodies... they weren't just random people either.. the were one of my brothers best friends.. they had to be about 11 and 12.. must've got hit in the cross fire.. or there fathers.. we're part of the shooting. I shook my head knowing that Journey was not gonna take this well.. It's hard telling your 6 Year old brother you seem 2 of his friends bodies laying there cold as you went to the store to get you sum breakfast. Its hard knowing that those kids will nvr be able to live there lives. I Walked Past the bodies.. And and walked up to the store. I looked up and read the sign JIMMY' S FRESH SPOT. I Smiled And and walked into the place.. this place always makes me feel like I am where I need to be. I walked up and grabbed Butter and Eggs. I Walked to the register "Hey Slim Jim. Where yo daddy at?" I asked Jimmy Jr (AKA Slim Jim). "He outta town. One of his friends from high school.." "DIED!" I interrupted. " No Nigga.. is getting married." He finished with a smirk on his face. I Rolled rolled my eyes and put the supplies on the counter. He scanned it up. "Yo total is 2.30." I gave him the money. He bagged the items and handed me my change. "You really should try out for track Ex.." He Said as he handed me my items. "Nah.. I am not really into Spor.." I Was interrupted by loud music coming from a red Nissan. I Turned my head to see a man about 24 Years old get out.. he had 2 men with him one about my age and the other about 15. "Watch out for them as you leave.. they always come up here stealing up everything.." Slim Jim told me as I Started started making my way toward the exit. "DAMN!" The older boy shouted as he walked past me "Betta get at her King." The boy walked up to me and I walked away. "Come here Ma.. I am tryna talk to you. " King said as I walked away from him. "He started chasing me.. " I know you hear me.." He yelled. I took off like I Heard A gunshot when I seen him getting closer to me. I heard him yell "Aye.. She Taking Off!" I heard there car start but that ain't bother me cause I Was gone like I Seen the KKK. The Car kept getting closer but I managed to keep a fast steady past. I turned the corner and ran between a small cut in a gate.. I kept running till I knew they were gone. I stopped and realized where I was. I looked around and remembered the pink and orange dead flowers.. I Was At at a place me and my friends called dead man grooves. It Was was the place where after you got killed they would carry your body.. the cops nvr seemed to find the place which is confusing since the place smelled like Ass and Corn chips. I Walked walked over about 30 dead bodies until I walked over a body and tripped.. I got up and dust my self off.. I Looked at the face of the dead body and stared.. the dead body's face was mine.. I sat there awed by what I Was seeing before I blinked.. I realized it was a random person. I grabbed the bag and walked home.. when I made it to the door. It was already open. My brother sat outside pushing my sister in her charge up car. I walked in the house and put the groceries on the table and went outside. " I Was Wondering When you were gonna come back." He said with a smile. " Journey I need a tell you sum." "What?" "As I Was walking to the store I Seen Justin and Chris laying in the street." I Looked at him to see how he was gonna react. He looked at me and said "Yea , the cops came and got there bodies they weren't dead just critical condition." I turned to him and smiled before seeing the red Nissan pull up. As I seen them get at the car then look towards me I grabbed my brothers and Sisters arm and Tried to walk inside the house, but it was to late he had already tapped me on my shoulder. I sent them inside and shut the door. "So You was gonna act like you ain't hear me talking to you?" He asked. "Yup. That was the plan." I Replied. "Why You gonna act like that?? He asked as he put his hands on my hips. I Slapped his hands off " Look boy ion got time for this stuff aight.. I am focused on school and making it out of the hood so I don't have to deal with beat down niggas like you tryna holla at me." I Said as I rolled my eyes walked in the house and shut the door. Dream was sticking her finger in where the bullet went threw was. I Walked over to her and picked her up. She looked at me.. for a 2 year old she didn't talk that much.. She told me" I am 2" I smiled and put her down. "I know that jit." She laughed and ran away. I Sat in the couch and looked at the wall as my eyes started to grow heavy.