Powerless

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is based off my struggles of BDD, hope you enjoy. Don't forget to vote and comment, really appreciate it!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It happened again.

She ran out of class, in front of the teacher's eyes, in front of the classroom's disdain, in front of my aching heart.

I gave my teacher a nod and followed her. The hallways seemed endless as I tried to formulate how to approach this. Talk to her? Listen? A bit of both?

Girls were running out as I entered the washroom, my best friend was bawling over the dirty sink, no regard for her newly dyed red hair, newly pedicured nails or any opinions that students might have formulated watching the debacle unfold.

"Hey girl."

The moment she heard my voice she butt her head onto my chest, putting her arms around. I followed suit, hugging her with all the care I could possibly muster, but I knew it'd never be enough.

"It's too.....much!" she managed to muster out with her swollen green eyes looking at me, the most beautiful pair of pearls in the school when they weren't ruined by tears.

"You need to tell me, what's too much?"

"The makeup on my face! The contour's excessive, the eyeliner's fucked up, the foundation's too noticeable! I look like a piece of shit just like every darn day in this godforsaken school!"

It hurt my heart just hearing all of the self criticisms Anna said of herself. Nothing she said was true, her makeup has always been ten times better than almost all the girls in our school. No matter how many times I would tell her that, she would always respond back with decline and criticize how fat her body looked. I wanted to convince her otherwise but it never worked, I was powerless.

"Listen." we sat and rested our backs on the wall, her head on my shoulder. "Babe, I'm not saying this because I'm your best friend, I'm saying it because you're lying to yourself. You're actually gorgeous, who cares what that bicth Jodie has to say she's just jealous; she don't got eight guys chasing her daily."

"It's not Jodie!"

"Then what is it?"

"It's just that I look ugly, I feel ugly. Everyday I stare in the mirror, I just loath every piece of me, my hair, my face, my legs. Why was I born so fucking gross?" You could see in her tired face how much she beat herself up over this.

I hugged her as tight as I could.

"No you're not ugly. Not even a bit. You've got the best eyes in the entire school and everyone would kill for a body like yours. Just look at what your doing to yourself, its destroying you!"

She started to calm. "I'm sorry, I know, I know. And I guess you're right, maybe Kris talked to me today because I looked nice."

"100% he did girl!"

She started to wipe her eyes, fix her tear-harmed makeup and we started to make our way back to the classroom.

She then took her phone out and inspected her makeup again, picking at her face, only making it worse.

My best friend ran back in the washroom, letting it take over again.