Andromeda

Dedicated to her because I am seriously obsessed with her book. YOU SHOULD READ IT!

Star Constellation: Andromeda

Brightest Star: Alpheratz

Today I found a constellation in the night sky I had read about. It formed the shape of the chained princess; Andromeda. She was from Greek mythology and tonight, and most of the other days of my life I felt like I understood her. Now I had a constellation to relate to.

She had been the chained princess. Only the title of princess ever belonged to her, she never had the power. She couldn't control her situation. Only sit back and let it be decided for her.

I didn't want to be like her, I wanted to have control, yet it wasn't working in my favor. Everything seemed to be out of my control, and the chains wrapped tighter and tighter every time I tried to breathe.

The bricks are biting into my legs, but I don't care. I feel as free as a bird where I am right now. No one can touch me, or make me do something I don't want to do. This is the one place I have freedom.

My little roof is a place for me to get away. It's a place where thoughts can be as many as the stars themselves, or as few as the pictures on my walls. I glanced across to the other side of my roof and thought of the only thing that could make this better. A friend.

There is a roof almost touching mine on the house next door. The house has been vacant for a long time though. I could only hope that one day someone would move in and I would have kindred spirit to look at the stars with.

I finished writing down my observations of the stars and leaned back to get a clearer image of the night sky. The moon was full and stars twinkled brightly. I watched for shooting stars, hoping to make a wish on them.

To some looking at the stars might seem cheesy and cliche, but to me it seemed like a fairytale. So what if it was cliche. It's every girls' dream for a cliche story. I hoped to have a story of my own, but my cliche was not like that of a princess', more of a depressing tragic story, similar to that of Andromeda.

Maybe it wasn't the stars I felt a connection to. Maybe it was names and the stories behind the names I felt drawn to.

Suddenly the breeze picked up and my hair flew into my face. I grunted in irritation that my view had been blocked and chills crept up my spine from the cold, but also I felt from something else too. I pulled my long brown hair back and wrapped my blanket around myself tighter before I began to ponder what the odd chills meant. They didn't feel bad, but they seemed to happen whenever someone was watching me.

No one could be watching me though, my parents weren't home and who would be out this time of night? Yet I still couldn't shake the feeling.