·3·

"It's eighth grade! Ready to get edgy?" He said happily. I rolled my eyes and sat on a bench near the office. He sat next to me, really close. The secretary watched from her desk. I didn't move.

"I forgot my mascara, Ry! What do we do!" I whined. He chuckled, making me laugh. He always seemed to do that.

Seventh grade did not help get rid of my fondness towards Ryan. Actually, it made it worse. I liked him even more.

I wasn't sure if he liked me back. It seemed like he did! I mean, why would he, though?

All these negative thoughts drowned Ryan's words as he spoke to me. He started waving him hand in front of my face.

"N/n?" He softly asked, making me blush. I turned abruptly to him. "You okay?"

I looked around. Some boys in the corner were looking and laughing. My old friends were crossing their arms and obviously talking about someone.

"I guess, Ry"

"Welcome to the humble abode" he sighed as we stepped in. Matt and Chris were arguing loudly. I found my self giggling gently. He smiled towards me.

"Well you smell like shit, you giraffe!" Chris shouted. I peeled my shoes off and held them in my open hand.

Banana trotted over and smelled me, finally rubbing his tiny head on my ankle. I bent down to pet him and he rubbed my hand.

"Fuck you, Irish boy!" Matt shouted back. Banana walked away and I leaned on Ryan to get back up. A shiver was sent up my spine when I touched him. He didn't seem to notice.

"Hey, we have a guest!" Ryan yelled. They both froze and quickly turned to me. I smiled and waved with my shoes in hand. They observed me for a moment.

"Hi, I'm Y/n" I greet. They wave back.

"Matt"

"Chris"

We all stood quietly for a moment before Ryan said something, letting me exhale.

"What were you two bitches fighting about?" He asked, taking one of my bags and walking towards his room. I followed.

"Chris stained the couch!" Matt pouted. I suddenly burst into laughter. Everyone stopped.

"S-Sorry" I sighed out.

"Not those kinds of stains!" Chris finally declared. I laughed even more, and now the other two joined in. Ryan had set my bag down and I put the one I was holding and my shoes next to it.

"It was god damn grape juice!" Matt said angrily. I popped out of the room.

"Oh, you messed up, dude" I told Chris with a smirk. He furrowed his eyebrows at me.

"No, I didn't!" He replied, crossing his arms and looking away like a child. I made my way over the small kitchen table and sat down in one of the four chairs. Ryan returned with some bleach.

"I don't know if this will do anything but you better hurry up. She has to sleep there" Ryan told Chris. He snatched the items and started rubbing vigorously on the couch.

"How did he even manage to do that?" Up asked Matt. A goofy smile perched on his face.
"His fat ass tripped over the carpet" he snickered. I covered my mouth to keep Chris from hearing me laugh. Chris could be heard fuming under his breath.

I sighed. I was going to miss him, again. But only for two weeks this time.

"I hope you have fun! I love Christmas" he sighed out as we rode our bikes home. Even though we did ride our bikes, we lived far from each other, and equal distance from to school.

"I know. You wouldn't stop talking about it" I giggled. He turned red.

"Yeah, well, shut up" he smiled. We came to the intersection where we had to split and we both halted. We looked at each other for a long moment.

He got off his bike, and he motioned me to get off mine. Then, out of nowhere, he hugged me. I didn't hesitate to hug back.

Sure the kids that were riding close behind would soon encounter us but, I was finally hugging him. And I wasn't the first to do it.

When we let go my heart broke, but his warm smile slowly patched it up again. He hopped back on his bike and waved.

"See you later!"

"Yep" I whispered, slowly pedalling away.

"Mmph, this is soooo good" I groaned after swallowing another bite of the burger. Chris, Matt, Ding Dong, Julian, Ryan, and I had all decided to meet up at In-and-Out so I could try it. I loved it.

"Greasy food is a yes, then?" Ryan asked from across me. I nodded with a smile. He smiled back at me.

"All right love birds, you can stop staring at each other" Julian giggled. I glared at him and stuck out my tongue. He laughed even more.

We all shoveled out food quickly seeing as how people were starting to pour in. But, Chris struck up conversation.

"Okay, if not a mini Hitler, than what about a mini Matt?" Chris grinned. Matt threw his hands up in surprise and anger.

"Shut up!" Chris said, pointing a finger at him.

"But what reason do you have to torture me?" He argued back. The table behind us went silent. Me and DD both laughed at the same time.

I turned to him next to me making us laugh even more. Now Julian and Ryan were in on the hypothetical.

"I'd beat him" Ryan smirked. Matt shot a look at Ryan and Ryan laughed. Oh my god. I felt my heart beat faster.

"Why?" He whined.

"Because you're just a stupid dick"