Chapter One

Birds chirped joyfully, the faint sound of the neighbor's dog barked hungrily at some birds, different sounds from cars that slugged by, pedestrians talking with one another as they walked, children wandering the streets, these were the daily sounds of dawn.
Only to be disturbed by...

. . .

'BEEP BEEP BEEP'

Eren groaned while sitting up from his deep slumber. He looked over to his alarm, and reached out to turn it off.
"Well, yet another day of school," He murmured as he hopped off the creaky old bed in the process.
The 16 year old boy looked at the mirror and saw his reflection. He was in his pajamas, which consisted of him wearing a blue tank top, black trousers that almost reached to his ankles, and grey, but shabby socks.
His expression was tired, dark circles hanging under his usually bright green eyes, and his chocolate brown hair was sticking up in a messy manner. He lifted a hand and attempted to flatten it, but failing at doing so, which lead to him ignoring it all together. His stomach growled so he began to trudge into the kitchen for some food.
As he made it into the kitchen, he saw his mother, Kalura, who was making herself a cup of hot coffee. She was wrapped up in a blue dressing gown with a tired look on her face. Her hair was not yet brushed and her movements were slow but leisurely.
Eren walked up behind his mother and hugged her, she flinched from the sudden contact but relaxed and turned her head to her son,
“Good morning, how did you sleep?” She asked. Eren gazed up at her tiredly,
“I slept well, but waking up just isn't what I'm good at.” He replied, earning a small laugh from his mother.
After that, Eren was sitting at the table, eating a bowl of cereal, cocoa puffs to be exact. His father, Grisha, was at the other end of the table eating a piece of jam toast, while staring into space as he thought about work. Eren looked around the room, sunlight was shining through the windows, illuminating the room with it's brightness, and the vague scent of coffee lingered in the air, along with the smell of his dad’s slightly burnt toast. Gross.
The room was quiet, except for the sounds of the two eating, and the birds outside. But despite the quiet, the atmosphere a comfortable, enjoyable silence.