The 5 Stages of Grief

Chapter 1 Innocence

Everyone has lost someone they loved and if you haven't yet then you must be young. Hold on to your innocence.

I look around and I see all these kids so excited to grow up. They're running around and laughing. They have the biggest smiles like nothing in this world can bring them down. They built a sand castle but they feel like they saved a life. Only if it was that easy..

Why don't we get a warning.?? Don't we deserve it.?? I was 10 and no one ever told me that I was going to lose my grandma, my best friend. When you're 10 you should be happy. You shouldn't know what the word death means, but I did. I went through the 5 stages of grief at 10 years old. At least let me give you a hug and tell you I love you before you leave my side forever.

I love seeing kids smile while they're young, but it makes me remember how I forgot to smile. I love watching them play with their family but it makes me remember how I lost a part of mine. I loved being a kid but I wish I could've enjoyed it longer. This is what I got when I tried to grow up to soon.

------------

Please let me know what you think but don't be mean. This is just a rough draft of the first chapter. I have never wrote a story before so I was just trying something new. I hope you like it. Thank you.