Ch Four

Ch Four, A New Hope

"So, name a medication or liquid. Any one," You turned to your newfound friend.

"Uhm.. Pepto Bismol, final answer," He grinned.

"Alright. We are going to learn how to steal Pepto Bismol from that market over there." You pointed at the snack market you previously stole from.

"...But first, follow me. I need to give this to Dominic," You added.

"Dominic?"

"Oh, right, you've never been here. Dominic is my... best friend. Yes, best friend. We're very close," You said a little hesitantly, but he didn't notice.

"I should just wait here then, I don't want to be.."

"Mugged? Murdered? Either one of those is acceptable. That's fine with me."

With that, you left him, waiting for you to come back.

It didn't take long for you to go back to Dominic's house.

"Eyy, took long enough," Domonic smiled and took the pills, "What happened?"

"Oh, uh, I ran into someone. Literally," You rolled your eyes at him.

"Someone you knew?"

"Uhh, you could say that, I guess," You didn't need them to know anything about each other. That'd make this entire thing a mess. Dominic would immediately freak out.

"Have you got anything to do this evening, or are you just hanging out?" he broke the ice.

"I actually have stuff to do, yeah. I gotta go. I'll see you soon!" You hurried away, after not making any eye contact.

You are a terrible liar.

---

"Alright, alright, alright, the girl is back!" Komaeda jeered.

"Sorry it took long," You sat down and stared at him.

"So, when are you going to teach me to steal things?" His eyebrows lowered as if he were testing you, in a way.

"Well, I didn't get it on my first time, so I don't think you'll be very successful."

You got up and walked closer to the market, still talking to him.

"So, first I'll go in and start flirting with that cashier guy. While I'm at that, you enter and do your business. Got it?"

"I think I need you to explain more on how to get out with it."

"Ughhh. You go in, take the bismol, go out. Easy as pie. Act natural."

"Okay, okay. Let's go in," He took you by the arm and led you inside.