Four

There's a pounding on my door. I grumpily open my eyes. The pounding continues. I growl. It's too early for this.

"What?!" I ask.

"Wake up, Aqua. We're a-arriving at the Capitol and t-there's training today," a voice answers. Ohhh, it's Annie.

"Okay, Annie. Give me a minute," I say and get out of bed. I get dressed and brush my teeth. I go out of my room and into the breakfast room.

"Goodmorning, Aqua," Finnick says and gives me a hug. I nod at him and pick up a huge red apple. I take a bite out of it and smile. Delicious.

"Finnick?" Reaf asks as he emerges from his room.

"Yeah," he responds, not really caring.

"What must we do for training?" Reaf asks. Finnick sighs.

"Come sit down, Reaf. You too, Aqua," he says and we both sit in front of him and Annie.

"So during the three days of training you mustn't show off your skills, especially not in front of the Careers. If they see that you are good with a certain weapon you will be a target for them. So you must try new things but also practice with the weapons you're good at. Just a little bit though," Finnick says and I nod completely understanding.

"Okay I understand. Thank you," Reaf says and leaves the room.

"Reaf dear, don't you want to train for the interviews?" Cleo asks but he didn't hear her. She sighs and carries on eating.

"Annie, if it's cold in the arena do I light a fire?" I ask. She shakes her head.

"No, definitely not. L-Lighting a fire will attract tributes and they will k-kill you," She says.

"Oh alright but what about food?" I ask.

"Well since you can f-fish I'm hoping that there is a l-lake somewhere in the arena that you can get fish. A-Although other animals like squirrels are also good for e-eating," Annie says and winks. I laugh.

"Thank you. I'll remember that," I say and smile.

"Let's practice for the interviews again before we arrive," Cleo says.

"Great. Let me grab my heels," I say and roll my eyes.

---

"Stupid heels," I mumble as I massage my feet. For the past hour we have been practicing for the interviews. I know that it is important but I'm too tired. I jump onto my bed and sigh.

I close my eyes for a bit and fall asleep.

---

A soft knock on the door wakes me up. I groan.

"What now?!" I ask. Although I do not get an answer. The door opens and there's an Avox there. I recognize him from somewhere.  Although it takes me a moment to remember from where.

"Excuse me, aren't you one of the rebels who tried to fight the Capitol? Pollux?" I ask and he nods excitedly.

"Oh, well it was very brave of you to stand up against them. It's a shame it didn't work," I say and smile at him. He returns the gesture. He tries to explain something but I don't understand him. I hand him a piece of paper and a pen.

"Here. I'm sorry but I don't understand what you are trying to say," I admit. He smiles reassuringly. He then grabs the pen and starts to write on the paper. Once he done he hands me the paper.

I look down and see, "We have arrived at the Capitol, Miss Evertide,"

"Oh. Thank you, Pollux," I say and leave my room. I turn back to see Pollux trailing behind me. He sneaks into the kitchen and sends me a wink. I laugh and shake my head. I walk into the main room. I smile as I see Finnick and Annie there.