20

"I'm only gonna say this once, so listen up. Adrian helped us out more than he realized. Even if Giovanni destroyed our first batch of evidence, he uncovered a trail." He looks directly at me, and my heart skips a beat. "And I followed it. Thanks to him, we have a chance. Not just to crush Giovanni, but to rise up in power. By the time this day is done, WE'LL be the ones who control this city." The rest of the gang shouts in excitement, lifting their fists up into the air.

"So what's our next move?" I ask curiously.

"Ash and Hideyoshi are coming with me to confront Giovanni in person. I want Phaedra and Marcus to take what we've uncovered and head to the party. Giovanni spared no expense - every major player in the game is going to be there." Chance explained.

"I know the staff at the hotel. They'll let us in without any problems." Phaedra smirked devilishly.

"And I can talk my way into any VIP we need access to..." Marcus smiled confidently. 'If Hideyoshi and Ash are the rooks charging across the board, Marcus and Phaedra are definitely the knights, hopping about.'

"So let's go." Chance nods.

"Good luck, guys." Hideyoshi smiles.

"We won't let you down...." Marcus assures.

"See you later." Phaedra grins. We go our separate ways. As she passes me, Phaedra sweeps me up in a quick hug, and Marcus ruins my look by mussing up my hair. I let out a huge breath. And then I grin up at Chance, trying to seem brave like the others.

"I call shotgun." I say quickly, looking at Ash.

"Fine with me." Chance smirks and leads the way.

~~

The streets we drive down are familiar. It's the same path Chance and I took, that night we infiltrated the offices together. We idle the car nearby, casing the area. "Looks easy." Ash inputs with a small smile.

"Does no one see the two burly dudes guarding the front door?" I ask, frowning as I look at them.

"Yeah, we see 'em. They're big but there's only two of them." I tilt my head at Hideyoshi. Chance laughs under his breath, clenching a fist triumphantly.

"He must have sent all his heavy hitters to guard the Governor!" I furrow my brows worriedly.

"Oh no...are Phaedra and Marcus going to be okay?" I purse my lips.

"If it were a gunfight, maybe not. But those two are slippery. All they need is to talk to the right person." Hideyoshi assures me with a confident smile.

Getting out of the car, Chance boldly walks towards the front doors. I keep at his side, bolstered by the fact that I know Hideyoshi and Ash are right behind us. "Okay, do you want to take out the ludicrously huge guy or the slightly-smaller huge guy?" Hideyoshi asks him with a grin.

"The left one." I eye the two guards, who have already noticed us. They glare hard, recognizing Giovanni's two sons.

"I was afraid you'd say that." On some unspoken cue, Hideyoshi and Ash push past us and charge at the guards. Ash takes out a gun, pistol-whipping the smaller guard. He goes down like a sack of bricks while Hideyoshi wrestles the other man into submission.

"Down, boy!" He locks an arm around the guard, choking the air out of him until he passes out.

Chance doesn't slow down at all. He walks past the fight, through the front doors; and leaves our gang behind us as we move further up the offices. Only one person tries to stop us on our way in. "Hey, you're not supposed to be in-!" Without breaking a sweat, Chance slides right past the man's guard and strikes him solidly on the neck. The man goes down, wheezing for breath, and a swift kick puts him to sleep. 'That was fast...'