it's an effed up world and it's a two player game

it was a normal day after school, and Michael was at Jeremy's  house playing video games (specifically Mario because they're dorks). they were sitting next to each other in their bean bag chairs, both staring intensely at the tv, but also occasionally exchanging glances between each other and smirking whenever they beat a level.  they made it to World 5, Level 11 before they had a game over and had to start again. "dude, we've been playing this forever! can we play a different game?" Michael groaned while leaning back into his bean bag and stretching.

   Jeremy turned to look at Michael and said "oh, come on, please? we have have to beat this level and get to the next boss so we can get to the next world!" Michael looked at him and sighed. "alright, fine." Michael wouldn't ever admit it, but he had a HUGE crush on Jeremy. he was in love with his beautiful curly brown hair, and his blue eyes that are the color of the ocean, and his smile, his laugh, his amazing personality... fuck he's staring. he quickly turned away and pretended to be focused on the game, hoping Jeremy didn't notice. (unbeknownst to Michael, he totally did.)

   they continued to play the game, and they eventually made it to the boss. "ok, you ready Michael?"

 "i was born ready!" 

"then let's do this!" 

   it took 6 tries, but they did beat the boss and moved on to the next world. "yes!! high five, dude!" they high fived and took a second to relax. after all, they'd been playing Mario for how long? 3 hours? 4? both boys were tired and layed down, taking a break before either playing more or choosing another game. "hey dude?" said Jeremy, turning to look at Michael. "yeah?" "why were you staring at me earlier?" Michael felt a blush creep onto his face. "i, um, uhh..." Michael turned away. he didn't want to ruin their friendship, he couldn't just tell Jeremy he's in love with him! suddenly he felt Jeremy's hand on his shoulder. "dude, it's ok. i mean, who can resist these good looks?" Jeremy chuckled, but Michael still didn't turn towards him. "Michael?" Micheal took in a deep, shuddering breath. "Jeremy, i think i'm in love with you," he said, voice cracking at the end of the sentence. Michael expected Jeremy to shout at him, to get up and leave, to tell him he's straight and could never love him in that way, some sort of negative reaction, but none came. "Michael, you have no idea how long i've been waiting for you to say that." 

   Michael turned towards him, his scared expression slowly turning into a smile. "really?" "really." all the sudden, without warning, Jeremy leaned down and kissed Michael. both were reluctant at first, but shortly eased into the kiss. Jeremy slowly pulled away. "sorry, too soon?" Michael just smiled. "more like not soon enough." the pair laughed, and Jeremy put his head on Michael's shoulder. he started to blush again, but he was more relaxed this time.

   "anyway, let's get back to the game, shall we?"