day 6

least favorite song

I'm not lying when I say that I absolutely adore all of their music. However, I feel like that's a copout answer so I have two that I can name.

fix my eyes

Before you freak out at me, hear me out. I absolutely love this song. It's just that I get sick of it, unlike most fK&C songs. I can't listen to it too many times too close together, whereas I can put most of their music on repeat for days on end.

amazing grace (first version)

Once again, hear me out. I LOVE their version of this song. I defy someone to give me one better done. However, the first version of this song was on the soundtrack for The Shack, and I can't stand that movie. I've never actually seen it, but my mom read the book and I've heard enough to know how I feel. The theology behind it just bothers me too much for me to see the good in it. I'm not judging anyone who likes the movie, and I'm not judging them for contributing to the soundtrack. I know lots of amazing Christians who adore that movie and that doesn't make them any worse Christians because they like it. I just don't, so anything I associate with it puts a bad taste in my mouth. HOWEVER, that's why I was ecstatic when they released the second version, which Rebecca sang with them on. Now I have a version of the song done by them that I don't associate with The Shack, that I am IN LOVE with. I'm actually getting ready to start choreographing it for Easter.