Chapter Ten

Five and a half hours in the car on the way to South Carolina, and I managed to whip up the airport battle in the first half. Who's the best? :)

Enjoy everyone beating the crap out of each other!

***

If there was one thing Clint hated in life, it was when couples meant to be together fought. Of course, most couples weren't freaking aliens who were more than likely the strongest people he knew.

So, as he and Natasha clashed, he tried to avoid looking up in the sky to where the Doctor and Jessie were duking it out. He had turned his bow into a baton, Natasha wielding the two of hers expertly. Clint managed to pin her down, and Natasha looked at him worriedly. "We're still friends, right?"

"Depends on how hard you hit me," Clint smirked.

Abruptly, she wrapped her legs around him, switching their positions so he was under her. She got to her feet, about to kick her –

A hellish red glow surrounded her foot, and Natasha looked to the side, eyes wide. In the next second, she was flung into a large truck nearby, and she groaned as she fell to the ground, closing her eyes.

Clint scrambled up and looked to the side, only to see Wanda give him a chastising look. "You were pulling your punches," she said bluntly.

Clint nodded thankfully, and the two of them hurried into the fray again.

***

"Hey, Icicle!" Pietro sang as he whipped around her, then grinned and stopped behind where she was currently looking. "Boo!" Saleen spun around, firing icicles at Pietro. He just caught one and sped onto the top of another truck. "Need a hand?" he taunted, and Saleen threw more at him. He just sped off behind her again, laughing. "You really aren't good at this!"

Saleen screamed in frustration, but Pietro just grinned and ran at her, bringing her to the ground.

***

Bucky winced as T'Challa grabbed his throat, reaching out with his metal hand to grab his as well. "I didn't kill your father," he rasped.

"Then why did you run?" T'Challa challenged.

Bucky's eyes widened in disbelief when T'Challa managed to pull his arm from his neck, then spun him around, jumping in the air and kicking him to the ground. Bucky shook his head, trying to recover, watching T'Challa's claws extend and aim for his neck –

A blur of black and silver slammed into him, and Bucky scrambled to his feet as Jessie tackled T'Challa to the ground. "Thanks," he sputtered in surprise.

Jessie just nodded, then took off into the sky again, a fireball narrowly missing her as the Doctor flew after her.

***

Martha rolled on the asphalt, getting to her knees, pausing when she didn't see Clara anywhere. She paused, baton raised and ready as she slowly pivoted, looking around. She knew Clara's abilities allowed her to be on any surface comfortably. And they were surrounded by trucks and shipping containers that was antigravity heaven. She rotated one last time –

Something crashed into her from behind, and Martha shrieked as she collapsed on the ground, wincing when she felt knees dig into her back. "Can I just say," Clara said as she leaned down, "I completely hate this?"

"Then why did you come?" Martha groaned.

"Same reason the Doctor did. To try and convince the one I love not to fight."

Martha shook her head. "You know they would."

"Doesn't mean I couldn't try."

Martha spun, intending to take Clara out, but the brunette propelled herself onto the side of one of the shipping containers and planted one hand on her chest, pushing her back. Martha stumbled as Clara landed back on the ground, rushing at her.