Chapter 3: Decisions are Made

Emerald and Mercury returned to the headquarters, and for some reason, Salem and Cinder were waiting for them.
Emerald: U-Um
Mercury whispers to Emerald
Mercury: we should of spied on team RNJR when we had the chance
Emerald: Those weren't orders from Salem ya idiot...
Salem: what weren't orders? U know that the assignment was to search for the Spring Maiden, U didn't get sidetracked... did u?
Emerald: N-No! M'lady! We did nothing of the sort! We uh... we-
Salem: Do not lie to me u two, U know the consequences!
Emerald: I uh... I-it's hard to explain for me...
Salem: hmm, how disappointing... Since dear Emerald cannot get her thoughts together, why don't u take over Mercury?
Mercury: well M'lady... upon our search we discovered a ghost town, and it was home to a Nuckelavee... we fought it with everything we had, but failed... and then team RNJR took over but didn't see us, they should have left by now, we didn't engage because that wasn't our mission...
Emerald: A-and we picked up a few trinkets from their shops! That may have not been helpful b-but... but-
Salem: I've heard all I wanted to hear, but, did fighting a grim help u with ur task?
...
...
...
Jaded N-No Ma'am
Jaded means Mercury and Emerald saying it at the same time
Salem: how about finding the silver eye girl?
Jaded: No Ma'am
Salem: HOW ABOUT FINDING STUPID TRINKETS!? WHICH R NO USE TO US
Salem was blowing a casket
Salem: Get out of my sight!
Jaded: Yes Ma'am, we apologize
They leave the room, Cinder glares at them before they leave
Salem: Cinder, ur voice is almost restored, u will now be able to whisper
Cinder: thank u...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Emerald POV
I feel so embarrassed... and Cinder saw the whole thing! Ugh!... wait... Salem new that me and Mercury weren't up to the task! S...she wouldn't!!! She couldn't!!! She wanted to get us out of the way!!! She doesn't need us! I need to make a decision! I'm leaving! I'm going to sneak out of here! But... Mercury... I'll just leave him behind... there's no way he'll understand why. He could turn me in! I'm going to need a few things... my weapons and money will be all I need! I'll have to act fast! Tonight, tonight ill be leaving. And there's nothing anyone can do to stop me! Not even Mercury...

Mercury POV
I can't believe it! Salem threatened us! She was so nice to us! And so was Cinder! She's taking out her injuries on us? Why? Well Emerald was acting weird today, she was more quiet than usual... like she's hiding something...

Salem POV
Emerald is leaving eh? Well I won't stop her, Cinder won't stop her. But will Mercury? Hm... Silly young Emerald... any comrade of mine won't be let off the hook easily, when she leave I will give her....tasks... to see if she can survive on her own