CHAPTER TWO

Beep. Beep. Beep.

Anne rolled onto her side, slamming the silence button on her red alarm clock.

5:30

Lydia had actually wanted Anne to wake up at this god-awful time, just so she would actually try to get ready for the first day. Anne's eyes drifted over to her long dresser, seeing the outfit that Sam and Abi had picked out for her the night before while she was in the woods.

Anne practically fell out of her bed, trudging down the hallway to her bathroom. She always dreaded showering, knowing the tail was soon to appear. She turned the water on, filling the tub up. Once she sat down in her bath, it was only ten seconds later that her orange tail appeared in place of her legs.

Once she was done washing, she drained out all the water, holding her hand over her body. One thing about being a mermaid was that she also had these powers. She could control, freeze, or heat water. So, with little energy, she squeezed her hand above the tail, heating it up so she could dry.

Only fifteen minutes later was the tail gone and Anne was dressed in a flowy, royal blue tank top, white jeans, and a pair of blue flats. She let her natural beach waves down, scrunching it up slightly. She left the bathroom, no makeup applied. She knew Lydia would complain, but Anna had no idea how makeup functioned. So she never did it. End of story.

"Took you long enough." Andrew Morgan rolled his eyes as his little sister exited the bathroom.

"Shut up." She shoved past him, going back to her room.

6:45

GROUPCHAT

Gail😋: here bitch. get yo
ass outside

AnnaBanana: stfu

Sammy😘: we'll leave
without you if you aren't out
in negative 3 secs

Anne laughed at her messages, tossing her bookbag over her shoulder. She had opened the front door to see Sammy leaning over from the passenger seat, honking the horn at her.

  She jogged over, practically throwing herself in the backseat of the car as Abi took off down her street.

                                ---

"Anne!" A shocked shout came from Lydia. She knew that she told the Morgan girl to wake up at 5:30, but she hadn't expected the girl to actually dress nicely. She was waiting to see the blonde with sweatpants and a t-shirt.

"Hi, Lydia." Anne grinned, Abigail and Sam stood behind her, greeting their other friend. The four of them headed to the front doors together.

"This is the best thing to happen to this town since..." Stiles was muttering to Scott as the four strode passed them. "The birth of Lydia Martin! Hey, Lydia!" Anne sighed, stopping as the other three girls walked inside the building. "You look, like you're gonna ignore me." Stiles groaned, looking at Anne and Scott. "You guys are the cause of this, you know." He looked to Scott first, "dragging me down into your nerd depths. I'm nerd by association. You scarlet nerded me!"

"And how is it my fault?" Anne chuckled at the pale boy.

"Well, isn't it obvious? You're popular! You should take me from the nerd depths!" He claimed. Anne rolled her eyes, turning away from them to enter the school building.

"Bye, nerds!" Anne called, holding a peace sign up with her right hand.

---