16

Tom decided to make up for bailing on Diana so many times for Hannah by taking her to her favorite diner

That's how the two found themselves in a nearly empty place talking amongst themselves and having the time of their lives with their waitress admiring them from afar.

"You two are just the cutest."

Tom and Diana stopped laughing, looking over at the older waitress who smiled fondly at the two as she placed their refills down.

"I remember when my husband and I went on our first date- looked kinda like how you two are now."

"Oh!" Diana said in realization as she stiffened up, "Well that's sweet and all but-"

"Thank you," Tom cut her off, smiling at the waitress, "It means a lot."

"Oh course. But you son- treat her right. You wouldn't want to lose a beautiful girl like her."

"Wouldn't dream of it."

Diana looked down, feeling a blush creep onto her cheeks, wondering what in the hell was going on as Tom continued his conversation with the woman.

By the time they finally got their food from her, Diana couldn't help but chuckle as she finally looked at him, "What was that?"

"What?" Tom asked, acting clueless while Diana chuckled, shaking her head.

"I didn't realize we were dating Benjamin."

"Only in my dreams Diana," Tom joked, causing her to roll her eyes playfully.

"Seriously though, why-"

"I almost forgot."

The two looked over to see the waitress smile as she placed a piece of cheesecake on the table.

Diana grew confused, "Oh, we didn't order-"

"It's on the house. Enjoy you two."

Giving the two a wink, she left them alone, Diana in bewilderment and Tom smirking as he picked up the fork, "And that Diana is why."

Diana chuckled as she shook her head,"The last time I got something free from a restaurant was when I was baw- you know what? Never mind."

"Okay," Tom mumbled, obviously confused but he brushed it off, "Here's to being a fake couple."

"Cheers," Diana chuckled, taking a piece of their free pastry.