Prologue

You never forget the neighborhood kids you grew up with.

Chapter One
°°°
//Back in 2008//

                      Chapter One                               °°°                   //Back in 2008//

Summer of 2008 is where me and Julio first met. I was seven years old and Nova was eight. My dad got a job promotion which required us to move to Reading PA.

I wasn't happy about it either. I was leaving behind a lot of stuff I loved. I left my friends, my school, my teachers. But, most importantly I left my home. It could be put in my jar of the worst days of my life. Yeah. I had one of those.

But anyway, we were unloading the car when a couple neighbors came up to us. They came over to welcome us into the neighborhood. Julio and his family we're amongst them.

"Hi. We live across the street and we just wanted to welcome you guys. This is Lexy and that's Julio." A guy held out his hand and my Dad took it. They shook hands and a lady gave my mom a basket.

I didn't bother staying around to here what they were talking about. I finished taking my stuff into my room and I plopped on the bed. "This blows!" I screamed into my pillow and then there was a knock on my door.

"Go away!" The door opened and I sat up. "I said go a-," I got off of my bed and walked to the door. "I'm Julio." He held out his hand and I looked at it. "Okay then. Um, your mom says she wants you outside." He looked at me nervously.

"Okay. You can go now." He turned around slowly and left. I followed after him a couple minutes later and found my mom still talking to those people. "Diamond honey, we're gonna have dinner with the Franceschi's tonight."

I rocked back and forth on my heels and nodded. "Don't mind her. She's just shy." My mom laughed and so did the other people. "I'm not really shy. I just don't wanna be here. I wanna be back in Baltimore playing with kids I know. I don't know these people."

My mom fake laughed and grabbed my arm, taking me away from the other people. "These people are being nice to us. You're gonna get your God damn act together and be respectful or I'm taking away your music. Do you understand?" I put my hands in my pockets and nodded.

"Do. You. Understand?" I sighed and looked up at her. "Yes I understand." We walked back to people and she started talking to them again.

"Hey. Do you wanna go see my room?" I shrugged and he grabbed my hand, taking me into his house. We went up to his room and he had music records all over the walls. "You like music?" He nodded and went over to a radio.

He popped in a CD and Wu-Tang Clan started playing. "You listen to the clan?" He nodded and started rapping along to the music.

"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies
and hypothesis can't define how I be droppin these
mockeries, lyrically perform armed robbery
Flee with the lottery, possibly they spotted me
Battle-scarred shogun, explosion when my pen hits
tremendous, ultra-violet shine blind forensics
I inspect you, through the future see millenium
Killa B's sold fifty gold sixty platinum
Shacklin the masses with drastic rap tactics
Graphic displays melt the steel like blacksmiths
Black Wu jackets queen B's ease the guns in
Rumble with patrolmen, tear gas laced the function
Heads by the score take flight incite a war
Chicks hit the floor, diehard fans demand more
Behold the bold soldier, control the globe slowly
Proceeds to blow swingin swords like Shinobi
Stomp grounds and pound footprints in solid rock
Wu got it locked, performin live on your hottest block."

I stood there not doing anything and he came over to me. He nudged my shoulder and I tried to hide my smiled.

After a little I couldn't hold it anymore so I gave in. We were jumping around the room and rapping every song that came on word for word.

||3 years later||

"D come on. You gotta participate." I ran out of the house and over to Julio's. He was outside so I ran over to him. "I'm gonna miss you." He hugged me and I hugged him back. "I'm gonna miss you too. But, here. Whenever you wanna talk, just call me on this." He handed me and phone and looked over to my house.

"My number is in it. Make sure your parents don't find it." I nodded and hit the phone in my pocket. "D let's go! Now!" I looked back at Julio and he nodded. I ran over to my house and got in the car.

We were going back to Baltimore. I didn't know why but we were. That was the last I saw of Julio for awhile.