After the war

It was a bright sunny afternoon I was sitting on the beach near the camp with Annabeth having placed her head on my shoulder and arm in my arm.

It was a relaxing day which was a rare commodity at the camp. 'Its such a calm day', I said and instantly regretted saying it as I heard a blast coming from near the camp.

Annabeth exclaimed,'Could be the brothers or a failed invention at the Hephaestus cabin?', but then we heard screaming from the camp side. I stood up instantly and uncapped the Riptide which grew into a meter long sword.

I saw Connor Stoll lying unconscious on the floor, I turned to the forest to see 3 hooded figures standing there with 'sticks' in hand. I was utterly confused.

Just then Clarisse came sprinting with a sword and shield. 'What is going on?', I asked her. 'How would I know you seaweed brain' she shouted.

I wanted to laugh but I could not as Annabeth would kill me. Getting my attention back to the hooded people I heard them say 'He is the one'.

One of them lifted their stick up and pointed it at me and green sparks flew out towards me Clarisse saved me by putting her shield in front of me. I didn't wanna say it but I owed her one.

I charged at them dodging and parrying their sparks but when I slashed at one of them they turned to smoke and were gone before I knew it.