Chapter 26

~Lex's POV

I called James and Jane in my office after classes were done. As they entered the room, looking at eachother quite tense. "Don't worry, I won't bug you guys." I answered. I heard a sigh from James. I know by now he's still quite dissapointed from what happened a few days ago and I can't blame him for that. I guess I just need him to heal first. 

They both sat together on the couch. I pulled my good old chair and sat facing the both of them. I could sense that James seriously doesn't want to see me and I knew Jane was convincing James to at least look fine but I know my brother and he isn't fine. Yes, it sounds so selfish that I've kept a secret from my own brother but I wanted to tell him, it's just that I wanna keep my promise from my mother, only when the right time comes, and I guess the right time just screwed up a bit.

"Why did you call us?" James asked seriously. He looked at me but moved away his glance from me in a blink. Then suddenly the moment just froze with that simple question. The answer is just so hard to tackle on to, how would Jane react? What would James feel? But theydeserve to know. It's for their own safety. Like I said before, I know Eric and I know what he's capable of. "It's Eric Franz Wilson." I answered. Jane's eyes widened her grip on James' hand was tighter. Fear clouded on Jane. "Eric?" Jane chocked and leaned towards me. "Yes, Eric. I never knew until now. He's the Eric you guys have been worrying about. It actually stunned me. On the contrary he was here yesterday, Thank God he didn't see Jane." I explained.

James rubbed his face and held Jane's face as Jane looked at him. To be honest, the way this love eachother amazes me. I get this rush in my body that just sends me off to wonder what's it's like to be in this situation. The way they just hold eachother and look into eachother's eyes with compassion and conviction is really overwhelming. "Don't worry okay? I will keep you safe." James answered. "Jane, don't worry. James and I will protect you from Eric." I answered. James looked at me and half smiled. I saw as the tears swelled form Jane's eyes I wanted to just wipe it off the way James did. But that's James' job not mine.

James took Jane home. James went back to our home where I was just  sitting near the fireplace. "Thank you, Lex." I heard a whisper beside me. James sat beside me and looked steadily. "We're brothers." I answered. James finally looked at me in the eye. "Since mom died, Your all that I've got. You protected me, sheltered me, loved me, made me feel that I was never alone. And I thank you so much for that, Lex. But my question is why? Why keep it from me? After all these years? You had your chances. I know it sounds dramatic but I deserve an explaination." James explained. I breathed in deep. "Mom wrote on her journal to keep it a secret. I just believed mom, she knew what would happen. She knew that if you knew that I was you're brother everything would go chaotic. Your father would keep you away from me and even might hate mom." I explained. James looked into the firepleace and exhaled and looked at me with a bit of  frustration.

"You're right, you're my brother and nothing can change that now. I'm lucky to have you, Lex." James answered and gave a pat on my shoulder. Suddenly, everything just seemed more subtle. "Promise me something?" James requested. "Anything for you." I answered. James leaned on the couch. "If anything ever happens to me---Wait, don't react," James stopped me before I could even react. He knew me too well. I sense somthing wrong. "If anything happens to me... Take care of Jane, never leave her side. That's all and please never use that cologne again." James laughed. I chuckled. "Oh, c'mon." I rolled my eyes. "Who wants ice cream?" Hayley asked as she suddenly came barging in. This is a happy family.