(26) All My Life

[AKASHI NARRATES]

  "I want this to end soon. By the time I want to take Nozumi to a far away place so that she can be safe."  

X X X X X X X X X X X

*Present time*

 "Why didn't you... said me anything back then? Why did you do this?" 

"I didn't want you to get hurt at any expense... Nozumi. I can't..."

"But what an Irony you are the one who has hurt me the most... That was my life to decide SEIJURO! To stay with you or go away from you, all of it was my choice. NO ONE EVER GAVE YOU THE LIBERTY TO GO AWAY FROM MY LIFE LIKE THAT!" 

"WHY DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND!? Do you even remember your condition after that night's incident? You sobbed yourself to sleep, you suffered from trauma, you couldn't stay alone anymore! Do you even realise how hard it was for me to see you like that?" 

"..."

"I have loved you all this time, always. You are my first love, not Ishimori..."

"But still... did you really had to do all that? Dumping me like that, taking advantage of my family, bringing me home as your slave... All of that?" 

"Nozumi, do you know why I love you?" 

"..."

"You are a woman with dignity. Because even if you had feelings for me, you would have never come back to me... I know I did very wrong things to you in all these passing years, but to have you back I could go to any extent. Only if you would be happy. If you still think that you can't be with me, I will let you go..." 

"You would leave me here alone again, won't you?" 

"No, I am not going anywhere. I will be right here, I am done running away. For now rest up, okay?" 

"Why... Why are you... seeing Ishimori-San now?" 

"You don't have to know-" 

"I would only stay in exchange for a truth..." 

"Fine, but before that eat something and take a bath. I promise I won't hide anything from you."

"Okay.."

*After a while* 

"So, do you have an explanation yet?" She said rubbing her hair dry. Akashi was sitting on a recliner sofa in the bedroom.

"Yes, sit down here." He said gesturing to the sofa beside him.

"Why are you seeing Ishimori-San?" 

"She was the reason behind your abduction and all the events following it. Haizaki is also with her." 

"H-Haizaki...?" 

"See this is the reason I wasn't telling you anything. You have turned pale just by hearing his name..." 

"Is this the reason you have brought me to Kyoto? So that I stay here and you face them alone? NO. This won't be happening again... You are done being all on your own and listening to yourself."

"But it is safe for you-" 

"I don't care. I am either with you or I leave you." 

"Try to understand Nozumi, you don't know what they both might do... You have to be here.."

"I am sure Haizaki knows by now that I am here. He is foolish enough to come here after us... So I am staying here." 

"Okay, fine. You... No, we stay together. Here."

He said sighing to himself but then smiled to her. He held her hand to which she was surprised. But then she smiled back at him and said,

"We are going to deal with this, don't worry. I will be fine..." 

"I know, I married a strong & dignified woman." 

"But I am still really mad about the agreement you placed! You... you could have asked me to marry if that's what you wanted in the first place..."

She said furiously and got up from her seat, walking towards the window. After a second pause, she heard a chuckle from her husband.

"What!? Why are you laughing?! I am being serious here!"

"Did you ever read the agreement?" 

"Uh... No... What was written on it?!" 

"You are as dumb as you were. You signed an agreement without reading it?" 

"But on the first page, it was written... the terms and conditions of marrying you..." 

"The first page was just a camouflage." 

"Heh? HAAHH?" 

"Yes!" He laughed.

"Then what was the agreement about?!" 

"It was about your father's company. It stated that Akashi Group of Companies is helping Matsuzaki-San. It would be taken care by us. That means your father is now a business partner with us. So, you being his daughter signed the papers as a witness." 

 "THAT MEANS I WAS NO SLAVE, TO BEGIN WITH!?" 

"Yes, dear zumi." 

"I HATE YOU T_T" 

She said folding her arms across her chest. He chuckled and looked at her, he pulled her closer to him and said,

"Are you sure about that?" He smirked.

"YES!" 

"Since you don't love me, you would stop me from doing this.." 

He grabbed her and placed a soft kiss on her lips, her arms folded across her chest fell apart and slid to his chest.

"You said, you hate me so why are you kissing me?" 

"I-I didn't kiss you, you kissed me.." 

"You didn't stop me?" 

" I HATE YOU!" 

She puffed and he chuckled.  After a brief pause, she looked at him and placed her hands on his arms and said,

"Ne, Seijuro.. You are not going to leave me alone again right?" 

 "No. Never." 

"What if I had disagreed to your agreement? Or what if you didn't find me?" 

"You had my heart. How couldn't have I found you? And talk about the agreement, if there weren't any I would have still married you." 

"How can you be this sure?" 

"Who knows you better than me?" 

"Not you :P" 

"That Megane -_-" 

"Hahahahaha, You are so cute Seijuro."

"But, What would you do about Haizaki & Ishimori?" 

"I won't leave them, I am sure they would follow us up to here. I have called our friends so that won't be a problem. We have enough evidence against them. This our last resort." 

************

Author's Corner: 

Hey, guys! I know this a very short chapter for such long break! But I am sorry about it, I have been a lot busy! So do you guys listen to BTS? If yes comment your bias down! ^_^ I have a great idea :P Until next time ^_^ 

NEXT CHAPTER: (27) THE LAST RESORT