Five

"Thanks, night." I smile up at Alessandro who walked me to my door before going inside and locking it. I wait until I hear his car pull off to put my hands in my face and squeal silently.

Tonight is the eighth night I've worked at his grandmothers restaurant and every day he's stopped by my house to pick me up and drop me off at the restaurant and then he picks me up and brings me home. Plus he always opens doors and walks me to my door and bids me goodnight at my porch.

"Have fun?" My mums voice says out of the living room making me jump slightly. "God, mum you scared me. " I groan and go into the living room. "Fun? I was working." I say kicking off my shoes and sitting on the couch across from her.

She gives me a look "And that boy, he has to pick you up and drop you off?" She raises a brow. "Mum, it's his family restaurant. He's probably just making sure I'm not late and don't screw up."

My mum shakes her head "I think he's buttering you up. Trying to get you all nice and cozy so he can coax you to do stuff with him. Has he tried anything yet?" She sits up. I sigh loudly "No, mother. Nothing at all. Besides to coax me I'd have to be gullible. Don't you trust me?" I look over at her. She's pale and her eyes are slightly puffy, it's part of her sickness.

She doesn't respond and I stand. "I'm going to bed then...you can't even trust your own kid." I grumble and go down the hall to my room. My whole life I've been living by her rules. I take care of her and the twins and this is how she treats me? Like I'm going to end up like my sister. As much as I've been accused of, I might as well do stuff. I start to have a little fun and she has to make it negative.

I throw myself into my bed and kick off my shoes. I was enjoying myself working in the kitchen and learning a lot. Maybe one day when my mom gets her panties out of a wad I'll try one of the recipes for home. My favourite part is trying the foods. Grandmother, which she told me to call her, always lets me taste some off the food before we serve it.

My phone dings with a message and I pull it out of my pocket to check. Alessandro. I sit up to read it.

"Hey, you get the day off tomorrow. Rest up."

I pout slightly as I started to look forward to seeing him. I shake my head quickly "No. why are you disappointed? He's just a boy..." I sigh. Do I like him? Probably. I've only had a few crushes in my life and this one seems to be hitting me majorly.

"Kay." I text back and close my phone. Is he into me at all? It's possible I guess. I'm not ugly. And he did say I put in food better than any other girl. Plus I've met his grandmother and all. Or maybe I'm just a summer charity case for him? Or, like my mom says, he just wants me to put out.

Should I pursue him? Or do I wait to see what happens? If I wait and nothing happens I'll keep wondering about the what ifs. Bitting my lip I pull up his number and press call with a pounding heart.

The phone rings a few times and just as I sigh and start to hang up I hear his voice on he other end. "Hello?"

I tenses up "Uh...y-yeah Alessandro?"
I wince at my lack of words. "Yes ma'am." He says and I can hear the amusement in his words.

"Tomorrow, you wanna uh, hang out? Or something..." I mumble. I wait, the blood rushing in my ears. "Sure. But...is this a date?" He teases and I roll my eyes. I sigh "Yes." I say suddenly feeling bold. When he doesn't immediately respond my heart drops to my stomach but he chuckles "Really? I'll dress nicely then. What time?"

I think "Uh...twelve? And I'll pick you up this time." I say with a giggle. He laughs "Alright, I'll text you my address and see you tomorrow." I smile "Okay. Goodnight." He bids me goodnight and I hang up.

I hug my phone to my chest and smile big in excitement. My first date and it's with a hot Italian sweetheart. I turn my face into my pillow and scream in excitement before picking my head up to see if anyone heard. Nothing? Good. Nice to know if I'm being murdered everyone won't rush to my aid.

I plug my phone into the charger and roll over, heart still racing in excitement. I get up and complete my nightly routine before crawling back in bed and falling asleep.

Vote and comment

What do you guys think so far?

Love you all! 💝💝