Introduction

Stereotypes-;
noun UK /ˈster.i.ə.taɪp/ US /ˈster.i.ə.taɪp/ 

 a conception that people have about what someone is like, especially a concept that is incorrect:
racial stereotypes

e.g; She doesn't fit into the stereotypes of a Muslim.

Welcome to #EndStereotypes!

Why should we stop stereotypes?

Let's start off with these points:

❁Stereotypes hurt. Judgements based on stereotypes are almost always negative. They are a contributive factor to extreme cases of bullying.

❁ People who are victims to stereotyping almost always hate them. People classify you as something that may not be realistic or true. 

❁ People stop thinking outside stereotypes and can easily start believing that there is only a certain label that could be put on different groups of people

❁ They also have a negative effect on people who are stereotyped, in other words, they start performing badly in the thing they have been associated with.

❁ They also affect lots of aspects in people's lives, for example, their school and work life. Things as simple as how rich they are based on their ethnicity or their favourite colour based on their gender are everyday examples of stereotypes that are common. 

But what about positive stereotypes, are they bad too?

Yes, they are. They might even be just as harmful as negative stereotypes. Positive stereotypes can make a person feel depersonalized. They can easily lead to us to believe the negative ones; if we're able to believe in positive ones, then the bad ones must be true as well.

Ending Stereotypes

Of course, we will never be able to completely eradicate all forms of discrimination and stereotyping from our society. 

We can, however, raise our voices and make as many people aware of the world around them as possible.

Which is where #EndStereotypes comes in. 

Support us. Together, we can raise awareness and change the outlook of many.