that hurt; renjun

idol: huang renjun of nct dream

the prompt: after getting multiple bruises over his body, he starts to wonder why his soulmate is such a clumsy mess.

word count: 1002

genre: soulmate!au + fluff

a/n: i've been having major renjun feels and i'm actually crying bc he's so talented and sweet !!!!

lowercase intended

i got up, suddenly feeling a sharp pain in my shin. "ah!".  i screeched, holding my leg. taeyong came stumbling into my shared room, his words slightly slurred as he rubbed the sleep from his eyes. "wㅡ what happened?"  he asked as he looked around.

i gasped as my shin began to thump. "my leg started to hurt out of no where!"  taeyong walked over to me, fully awake. 

he inspected my leg, seeing a light purple make it's way into view. "did you hit something while you were sleeping?"  i shook my head, massaging my leg. he sighed, "have you had these type scenarios happening recently?"  i mumbled a yes, as i got up, slightly limping.

"it's probably your soulmate!"  he said excitedly.  "sㅡ soulㅡ excuse me?"  he chuckled, sitting on my bed,  "yes renjun, your soulmate."  i ran a hand through my hair, sighing in disbelief.

after thinking about for awhile, taeyong decided to leave me alone, to let me think about the whole situation.

i brushed my teeth, took a shower and got ready with ease.

i slipped on my shoes, faintly hearing taeyong boast about me getting hurt.

i grabbed my gym bag, and my other necessities, before leaving my room, and walking into the living room.

as i sat down, jaemin nudged me. "do you have an idea of who your soulmate is?"  he asked, the dreamies eavesdropping on our conversation. i shrugged, and waited for everyone else to finish up, so we could leave for practice.

the whole ride there was pretty quiet. i felt somewhat at piece, until i felt my fall asleep.

"are you serious!"  i whispered to myself, shaking my hand viciously, trying to cease the tingly feeling.

"what happened?"  doyoung asked, grabbing my hand to inspect it.

"nㅡ nothing, it's just starting to hurt a bit, that's all"  he raised an eyebrow, before putting my hand down, and looked out the window.

i sighed, as the car came to a halt, all of us getting out and entering the sm building.

i began my normal routine, and began stretching. sicheng sat himself next to me, before coughing, to get my attention.

"i heard you've been getting hurt,"  i sighed in frustration, not wanting to hear another person talking about me getting hurt. "all right, i know this is annoying because everyone keeps talking about this, but it's such a huge event. of course everyone wants to know who your soulmate is, but just hear them out, it's just because their curiosity is getting the best of them, okay?" 

i calmed myself down, nodding.  both of us resuming our stretches.

before i knew it, practice was almost done. we ran the dance routine one more time, before we heard the door open.

a new trainee walked in, before tripping over her feet.

i gasped, "ouch!"  we said in unison, both of us lying on the floor in pain. the other members eyes darted back and forth between us.

"yㅡ you're my soulmate!"  i said before processing what had just happened. she looked at me with wide eyes, getting up. i mirrored her actions as i walked up to her.

"you're the one who's been hurting me as well, huh?" she asks, crossing her arms.

"come on! you know i'm not that clumsy? unlike you!" i shot back, mocking her. she rolled her eyes.

"explain these bruises then!" she boomed, rolling up her jeans.

there were small bruises here and there, but no serious injuries. i crouched down, examining her bruised-covered shin. she winced quietly.

i stood infront of her, looking her straight into her eyes, before putting out my hand.

"hello, i'm huang renjun, and if we're soulmates, we should get to know each other!" i exclaimed, smiling at her sweetly. she hesitantly shook my hand, as we smiled brightly towards each other.

"we sㅡ should get something to eat sometime" she says, pushing some hair behind her ear, i opened but closed my mouth, as i stood there in shock.

a pretty girl just asked me out! what do i do, what do i do, what do i d

my thought train was cut off by the dreamies screaming. "he would love too!" they said, the older members joined in too, "yea, just wait a second, we're going to pack up, and then you guys could go!" she smiled, nodding, and making her way out of the room.

i turned around, facing the other boys. i gave them a big smile, before i started jumping up and down.

"i've got a date, i've got a date!" i said, smiling widely.

"aw man, renjun got a girlfriend before i did" donghyuck whined. i sighed happily, as i packed my belongings lightly quick, and tried to walk out of the practice room, without looking obvious.

she linked arms with me, as we walked over to the nearby frozen yogurt shop.

"what's your name?" i asked, as we filled our cups with our favourite flavours.

"(y/l/n) (y/n)!" she said, and she out whatever toppings on her yogurt. i nodded, "(y/n), (y/n), that rolls of the tounge nicely." i said, as a light pink dusted gently on her cheeks.

we paid quickly, and found a spot to sit.

"now that we know that we're soulmates, tell me anything, and everything about you."

a/n: hey everyone! i hope you liked this story, and request for more. ALSO YOU SHOULD FOLLOW MY WRITING BLOG ON TUMBLR WHICH IS @/hyucksgrl !!!!! PLS ALSO SUPPORT ME ON THERE AS WELL. ALSO I'M GOING TO CHANGE THIS BOOK TO NCT TO ALL KPOP !!!! <33

[SORRY FOR ANY SPELLING ERRORS]