CHAPTER THREE

"Give them our food and weapons..."

Maya said as she slowly took off her backpack. The others looked confused. "Just do it." Maya whisper -scoffed. Noah also slowly took off his backpack and handed one of the men his food, the man aggressively grabbing it from him. Maya looked at Tala. Tobias looked at the two girls, understanding them. Tobias looked at Noah who had stepped back. Both boys looked at each other. It was quiet for a few seconds. "NOW!" Tala yelled as she grabbed her sword and cut off one of the men his hands before he could do anything. She watched his gun fall on the ground. She grabbed it from the ground as the man looked at his hand that was also laying on the ground, terrified. Tala loaded the gun and shot the man. At the same exact time, Maya hit the gun out of another man's hand and punched him in his face. Maya then grabbed her one small gun from behind her back - she hid it there - as she quickly loaded it. She heard someone load his gun behind her, before she realised what was going on, she quickly grabbed the man -who was standing in front of her- both his arms and swirled him around so the bullet hit the man instead of her. The man who had shot his friend, gasped. "I got him!" Tobias said before hitting the man on the back of his head with his gun, watching the man pass out. Noah and Tala had killed the two other men. They were all out of breath. Tala looked at the five dead men.
"What have we become?"

Two hours later, the four of them walked through an abandoned street, there was no skitter activity here or near by. They were safe for now. Everyone was silent about what happened. Maya looked down at the dusty stone. Noah looked around at the shops that were abandoned. A smile appeared on his face as he pointed at a store that said 'supermarket'. "Anyone else hungry?" He said with a small smirk. Maya nodded as Tobias and Tala followed Noah and Maya into the supermarket, they had their guns ready - just incase. "When do you think the aliens got here, in this street?" Tobias asked as he looked for food in the supermarket. "I don't know... maybe two, three years ago?" Noah answered as he scanned the shelves with his eyes. "I've got some beans here!" Tala said in a happy voice as she hold the can up high. The three kids walked up to Tala with a smile. "I've got some.. soup here" Maya said as she read the can she was holding. "We still got some apples in the bag, more beans and some water, so we're good for today and tomorrow" he said and nodded. "Lets go find the second mass." Noah said with a small grin before the four walked out of the store, on their way to find the second mass.