Prologue

(Mason's POV)

LotusBrooke; A small, seemingly peaceful town, full of painfully dull people and suspiciously monotonous events. I've lived here since I was born, and the whole town always seemed void of any action at all. Any information of the rare, peculiar occurrence was kept to a minimal, and all the townsfolk were completely complacent with that. It was as if they didn't want to know. They were better off living blind to the truth, and believing that their beloved town was without a flaw. I used to live in denial as well, until the incident between my family, and the Valentine's, the two richest and most important families in LotusBrooke. The unimaginable event left me scarred and curious, but all traces of any incident at all seemed to disappear, the only evidence being the memories I wasn't allowed to tell. No one else knew, and life continued like nothing had ever happened. That incident sparked a curiosity in me, that left me wondering just how many secrets were kept from us. I tried to investigate and find small clues, but the memories of the town were guarded with care. It wasn't until recently that people have become aware of the town's dangers. An event so drastic has occurred, that it couldn't be contained. It couldn't be hidden. On July 4th, at the town's annual summer 4th of July beach bash, a local high school girl was reported missing. Private search parties were sent to look for her, and the cops investigated inconspicuously. Any details were kept from all of the civilian's. All we were told was that a girl ran away from home and they were trying to bring her back to her parents. Lies; They were all lies. Of course we were all oblivious to that, until another girl went missing. That's when people began to panic, and secrets couldn't be contained anymore. The mayor tried desperately to calm everyone down to no avail. What did she expect? This was the first big news that ever got out to them. Of course they were going to freak out. More and more girls seemed to go missing, all of them sharing similar traits, blonde hair and a short stature. The police never seemed to catch on to the trend, but my friends and I did, and we were determined to crack the case, seeing as no one else was trying. The police's main task was to keep as much private as possible, but they were failing miserably. The entire town was thrown into chaos, and everyone wondered if they would be the next victim. My friends and I, however, caught on to clues and indications that led us on a goose chase to find the culprit. This is the story, of how we singlehandedly saves the not so innocent town of LotusBrooke.