Date Night

The rest of the week passes with a lot of Doctor Who and popcorn. Until I remember I have a kind of date with Cameron.  

I call up Katie, "Emergency I need an outfit for dinner and a movie with a guy who I really like but we are going as friends" I hear her playing in the background and vaguely recognize 'Rise of the Valkyries'  "Your blue blouse the one with the frills a pair of boyfriend cut dark jeans and the heels I bought you last Christmas" she says and I hear her cease playing. "Don't wear perfume wear minimal makeup and don't bring your purse, and wear diamond studs with your black diamond pendant necklace". I sigh with relief "Katy, you are a lifesaver" I say walking towards my bedroom. "So who is the lucky fella?" she asks resuming her playing. "Cameron Johnson" I say hanging up before she could start squealing. She would understand.

I get dressed in Katy's suggested outfit and look at myself. I had never considered myself hot, I was okay looking. But today, I felt amazing. Almost... Hot.

I hear a knock on my door and I shout out "Come in" and Cameron walks through the door chuckling "Do you always let anyone who knocks on your door come in?" he asks before stumbling when he see's me.  "You....look...had anyone ever told you...that...you...look...look... " he stutters out not even finishing his sentence. "Thank you, Cameron," I say smiling. I check out his outfit and can't help but bust out laughing " How in the world did you know exactly what color blue I was wearing?" I ask because he was wearing a nice looking blue sweater in the exact same shade I was. He looks down laughs then looks at me and says, "Penn, you look pretty" instantly I feel myself blushing. "You want to head out?" I ask slightly breathless.

"My dear Odile, I would like nothing more." he says holding out his arm to me like a gentleman. I take his arm and we leave, my head churning with my newfound thought. Cameron thought I looked pretty!

By the time, we got to the restaurant I am proud to say I was Queen Penn of the dark side. Why was I Queen Penn of the dark side? Because both of us fessed up to never having watched Star Wars even though we made plenty of references to it. So, I was the Queen and Cameron was the King. On a dare, I walked into Chipotle's waving my hand like royalty saying "I have come! Rejoice!" Cameron could be inventive when it came to messing with people. As we are eating he teaches me how to play table football which ended badly. I accidentally flicked the paper football right into his eye.

"I know that was an accident but wow Penn you really can pack a punch with that thing" he said pointing at the football in my hand as we leave Chipotle's and start walking towards the theater. I smile and say, "Off with your head!" he looks at me sadly and says "Not my head! It's the best part of me. What have I done to anger the Queen so?". I bust out laughing and answer him "You have said that the Queen "Packs a Punch" it is offensive for I pack an AX!!!!!! OFF WITH HIS HEAD!" then we both double over laughing getting stares from the people around us.

"You know Penn I think I misjudged you because when I first met you I thought "Wow she has got to be the most by the books person I have ever met" because I thought you walked the line and never stepped over it but know I see that you are probably the most fun entertaining and nerdy girl I have ever met. I am going to love dancing with you" he says as we walk into the theater. I blush and was about to reply when the movie starts and I fall silent.

*Two hours later*

"I think they underplayed the dancing," I say sadly leaving the theater. Cameron says nothing.

As we walk towards my apartment complex we start to play a game of only stepping on the red stones which were placed every six stones which in turn forced us to jump from stone to stone "I bet you can't jump two red stone sets" says Cameron with a triumphant smile on his face. "Oh yeah, challenge accepted," I say leaping into the air in a graceful Gliese Ou Verte a simple move but a practical one I end up crashing into Cameron and I end up on top of him right in front of my building. I hastily jumped up and helped him up. "Thank you for tonight I will see you at rehearsals Monday I guess," I say a little nervous but confident still. He smiles then says, "No Penn, thank you" then he leans in and kisses me. It was only a peck on the lips it lasted barely a second but it still left me utterly stunned. "Goodnight Penn" he says walking away with a smile on his face. I touch my hands to my lips feeling where his lips had been just moments before. "Goodbye Cameron" I say quietly watching his retreating figure.