Chapter 3 Jerza

IMPORTANT! This story is set at a max of a week after the time skip, but before training for the GMG begins.

It was a beautiful morning in Fiore. The birds were chirping, the sky was cloudless, and it was our favorite guild's centennial anniversary.

"Yes!" Yelled Natsu. "I'm all fired up!" Natsu charged throughout the guild, flinging red streamers and confetti everywhere in an attempt to decorate.

"Chill out Flamebrain." Called Gray. "And don't put so much red! It should have more blue." He said.

Natsu scoffed. "Are you dissing my color Popsicle Pants? I'd bet you're just complaining 'cause you're a shoddy decorator!"

Gray picked up a roll of ice blue streamers and charged at Natsu. "I know I can do better than you Hot Head!"

"Bring it on!" Yelled Natsu.

Meanwhile, at Fairy Hills...

Erza gasped as she wrenched herself out of yet another nightmare. Quickly rolling to the floor she muttered "Requip."

Now dressed in her usual Heart-Krutz armor, she walked stiffly towards her mirror.

Her hair was perfect (of course) but her eyes betrayed the mostly sleepless night she'd had.

Her nightmares always resurfaced this time of year. Jellal, the Tower of Heaven, and Grandpa Rob haunted her nightly.

Well it was that other day too, but that doesn't matter. You didn't tell anyone on purpose. Don't expect anything. She thought.

Donning some light concealer, she made her way out the doors and to the guild. Hoping that everyone would be too excited by the anniversary to notice her sleepiness.

When she arrived at Fairy Tail she was ambushed by Natsu and Gray, who were to busy trying to beat each other they didn't notice that they were wrapping a person instead of a pillar.

The result of the impromptu mummy wrap secession ended with the two decorators being strung from the ceiling by their own streamers.

Erza huffed as she made her way to the bar where Mira already had a breakfast of strawberry pancakes waiting.

"Morning Erza." Smiled Mirajane. "Are you excited for the party?"

"Of course." Erza replied. "It's Fairy Tail's 100th anniversary. I couldn't not be excited."

"Erza! Mira!" Lucy called from the doors. "Good morning!"

Lucy plopped down beside Erza.

"What are all of the decorations for?" Asked Lucy.

"The guild's 100th anniversary is today." Answered Mira. "And seeing as it's nearly noon, the rest of the guild should be back soon."

As if by magic, the doors burst open to reveal the whole of Fairy Tail's mages, raring and ready to party.

With several loud whoops and yells the party of the century started.

As the sun began to peak over the horizon, a very tired Titania made her way back to her apartment.

She cracked open the door and made her way to her bed.

Sitting on her pillow, was a note.

She walked over and unfolded the letter.

Dear Erza,

I'm sorry I couldn't see you, but Ultear, Meredy, and I are hot on the trail of a dark guild known as Midnight's Shadow. I hope you understand. I hope you have a great day.

Happy Birthday, Erza.

Sincerely,

JF

P.S. If you look in your middle desk drawer, I've left you a gift. One for every year I missed.

Erza's eyes brimmed with tears. She walked over to her desk, and with a pull open the drawer.

Inside sat a simple strawberry tart with seven chocolate dipped strawberries on top in the shape of a heart.

Erza smiled with tear filled eyes.

Carefully setting the tart on her desk, she whispered softly...

I've missed you too, Jellal.

AN: Kawaii! I love this couple! As alway please comment, review, or vote. Till next time

Thanks for Reading,

SolidScript_McGarden