Backstory

Chloe's POV

I slept on top of Mitch.Mitch can't sleep of course.But he told me he wanted to be close to a human.

*Flashback*

"I'm going to bed,guys."I said and got my blanket and put it over my body."Sleep with you."Mitch said.

I was confused yet intrigued.

"Mitch,zombies can't sleep."

"Want to feel...alive."He said."Fine.Just no touching and no kissing.Am I clear?"I ask.Mitch nods and walks towards me.

Mitch sat down next to me and pulled the armrests up.I laid down on top of Mitch.'This is really awkward.'I think.

"Having fun there?"Em asked and laughed.

"Do not go there."

"Can't make any promises,Chloe."

I sighed and continued to lay on Mitch's chest."Keep safe."He groaned out.

"You are keeping me safe,Mitch.And I am grateful for that.Thank you."I said.He put his arm around me gently and sighed.

"I said no touching."

"Don't care."

"You're a difficult zombie,aren't you?"

"Ye...yes."He answered back."Figures." I smirk.Mitch keeps his arm around me as I close my eyes and drift off into a deep sleep.

*End of flashback*

I woke up and saw Mitch still awake."Did you have fun sleeping on top with Mitch?"Em snickered.

"Woman shut up."I yell groggily."Make me."Em yelled back.I get up off of Mitch and play on my phone.

"Check everything!Check the airport,check the planes!Our main priority is to find Chloe and Em."I heard a male voice outside.

I got up and looked out the window.I saw the last person I wanted to see.

Darren.

"Crap!Darren's here!Along with other soldiers!"I yell."What?!"Em yelled."They're looking for us."I said.

I saw Darren and three other soldiers walk towards the plane."They're coming towards the plane."

Mitch dragged me to the back of the plane while Kirstie dragged Em to the back of the plane.

"Hide!"Mitch yelled.

Avi and Scott limp to the back of the plane as Kevin follows.We go to a room big enough for the 7 of us and shut and locked the door.

I heard the door squeak open.

They're here.

"Check everywhere."I heard Darren command.We kept as quiet as possible and didn't make a sound."The girls are nowhere to be found,Darren.I'm sorry."I heard a soldier say.

"I love her!I can't lose Chloe!"Darren said.

Nice going Darren.

They leave the plane and shut the door.We unlock the door and walk back to the front part of the airplane.

"That was a close one."I said.

"It was."Em said.
__________________________
Mitch's POV

What did that soldier mean by he loved Chloe?Now I'm down to find out what's going on.

"Maybe it's best if you give them an explanation,Chloe."Em said."Fine."Chloe said.

"That guy that said he loved me...he is my childhood friend."

What?

"He and other soldiers came and told me that my father was dead.He got killed by a zombie.Darren,my childhood friend,confessed his feelings to me and kissed me."

She sighed and frowned."It's getting dark out.I should get some actual sleep."Chloe said.

"Me too."Em said and got a blanket out and covered herself up with it.Chloe did the same and fell into a deep sleep.

I still can't believe I killed her father.I can't tell her I did that.She would do anything to kill me."Sweet...dreams."I groaned.

"Night Mitch."Em and Chloe said at the same time.They were in a deep sleep while me,Avi,Scott,Kirstie,and Kevin stayed up.

"You love her."Kirstie groaned.

"I don't."

"Lies."

I smirked at her and played some vinyl.Vinyl was peaceful if you asked me.

Ugh.Why was I chose to be a zombie?I want to be able to feel again.I want to interact with other humans.

What has the world come to?