chapter four. - his pain.

jacob.
november 30, 2015. ┌ flashback 003.

Freedom was something I knew that was far away from me. Being in here was honestly a shit hole. But, it wasn't anything that I wasn't prepared for. Since I was affiliated with a gang and that I actually was the gang leader they placed me in a special unit. I don't see what for though. Nobody was about to try anything.

Of course, I've had a couple of yard fights but, I didn't go so far as to killing anyone. The only thing I've did is beat them until I seen blood. Plus, by then the guards would've came and broke it up already. But anyways, I finally got my visitation back today and that's a blessing. I actually don't know who's coming to see me today but, I know it's somebody. I finished up cleaning some shit in my cell and just waited.

"Latimore! You have a visitor." Officer King said as, he began to open up my cell door.

I nodded and stood up from my bunk, walking out of my cell. "It's about time." I chuckled and placed my hands behind my back as he handcuffed me.

"Maybe if you stay out of trouble more often then, you'd be allowed more visitations."

That's never going to happen. Therefore, I'ma enjoy this nice thirty minute visitation. Officer King walked me into the visitation room and uncuffed me. The inmates looked like completely different people around their families. Everyone was just so calm for once. I know I was extremely calm when I seen that pink hair from a distance. It was her.

I walked over to the table she was sitting at and I could tell something was wrong with her. The sad thing was, it was about to be a bitch to figure what was wrong. She didn't even notice I had sat down, it was all bad. All I had was thirty minutes to make sure she leaves here happy.

"Yo, what's wrong wit' you? We got thirty minister and I wanna fix this." I leaned over and tapped her arm slightly.

She jumped immediately like something scared her and that's when things became clear. I grabbed her arm and lifted up her sleeve, which showed the cuts that were on her arm. This whole time she had me thinking she was alright but, she really wasn't. I wasn't going to yell at her or anything, I just needed to know what was going on.

"Bahja, you haven't cut yourself since the miscarriage happened. Please, tell me what's going on." I pleaded.

She finally looked up at me with tears in her eyes. "Chino's brother found out you murdered him and they thought I was hiding you somewhere. Three of them came looking for you at our apartment and it ended with them rapping and beating me." She managed to lift up her shirt a bit without the guards seeing her and showed me the bruises that were on her. "To make matters even worst my father just got arrested, I don't have anywhere to stay. I don't know what to do anymore, Jake. I need you."

At this point, I was pissed. Chino's brother, Marco got another thing coming for him. They could've came in here and found me. It's a whole different story when you start messing with my baby. And then, I'm not there to protect her when she's at her worst. Ever since she's had that miscarriage she hasn't been able to deal with anything. I've been her backbone for the longest. Now she's broken alone.

"Fuck. Listen, baby. I'ma fix all this, alright? Don't worry about it. Stop, harming yourself okay? I know your hurting but, you can't kill pain with even more pain. I want you to go stay with DJ and Tremaine, you won't be homeless. I promise you that and as long as you promise me something then we'll be good."