ocho

Justin's name in this story is 'Justin Mallette.' :) I changed that around for reasons.

-

Justins Pov:

I let out a sigh once the final bell rang, indicating the end of the school day. I hopped out of my seat, grabbing my backpack and books before making my way out the classroom, heading towards my locker. When I got to my locker, I opened it and put the books that I didn't need inside; then I closed it. I then made my way to find Niall, rubbing my eyes.

I stepped outside, huffing in annoyance as the wind blew my hand, and I made my way towards Niall's care. But of course, I had to be stopped.

After I had finished conversating with humans, I made my way over to Niall's car, where he was sitting on the hood. When I approached him, he looked up from his phone with a frown.

"You look like shit," he says while getting off his car, going over to the driver's side.

I frowned. "Well hello to you too," I mumbled, going over to the passenger's side, getting inside and putting on my seat belt. As I did that, he turned the car on. He drove out the spot, heading towards the coffee shop. I laid my head down on the door, closing my eyes as well.

What he said about me looking like shit was probably true, to be honest. I felt like shit. My mood was shit. Everything about me was shit.

Since my mom came home late from work every single night for the past week, to relieve her from some of her duties, I decided to take care of things around the house. I made sure the bills were paid, the house was clean, and made sure everything was in order. Because of this, I've been going to sleep late, probably around three in the morning, and it didn't help that I have to go to school and work. All of this resulted in my tiredness and my shitty mood.

Don't get me wrong; I'm happy to help my mom. The woman works two jobs, occasionally over time on both, and to me, it would be selfish for me to sit around and let her do everything when she's probably more exhausted than I am. I can't just sit and let my mom try to fight through everything. She tries to assure me that she's okay, but we both know she isn't. What proves that fact is when every time I start to do things around the house, she would always end up being knocked out on the couch. I have to carry her to her room every night and make sure she was comfortable.

I just wish that I can help her more than I have been. She doesn't deserve to live like this.

My mother has always been a caring and loving person. She's also a very hard worker. She puts in the best time and effort when it comes to everything she does. But, unfortunately, she was cursed with a life like this. Sometimes I think that if I weren't born, then she wouldn't be living how she's living - working two jobs and running off a couple of hours of sleep every day. Maybe my father - who I've never met in my life, would still be here. She just told me that he wasn't ready for a child at the time and left, but she also thought that his family was influencing him as well because they didn't like her background. While my father was from a rich family, my mother family was poor, so they probably had it engraved in their mind that she was a gold digger.

But that wasn't her at all, and my father is a damn fool if he thought so.

I'm glad I don't know the fucking jerk.

I snapped out of my thoughts when I felt Niall touch my shoulder. I opened an eye to see that we're outside, parked by the coffee shop. Letting out a yawn, I got off the door and grabbed my bag, pulling out my work shirt. I stripped out my shirt, Niall doing the same, and put on the coffee shop shirt. After stuffing my other shirt in my bag, I opened the door and got out the vehicle. When I got out, Niall got out as well, locking the door behind himself. We walked to the entrance of the shop and went inside, met with the chatter of the few people in the shop.