Chapter 11

Anjali finished the painting she had been working on for Kajal's rakhi gift from her. She had only been able to work on it couple of hours at a time. Only her mother-in-law and Hina auntie knew what she has planned. They had help her set up her studio in the guest house, so on one knew about her paintings.

She finished cleaning up and quickly rushed out of the guesthouse. She had just walked in the house when she heard her name. "Anjali?" she turned when Hina auntie called her.

"Yes auntie."

Hina smiled at her, "Your aunt called." She tensed and waited for Hina auntie to tell her why her aunt had called. "She wanted to see if you were free to visit today, your father wants to see you." Anjali didn't respond.

"What happened Anjali? You should go visit him for a while, and don't worry about dinner Ramila and I will take care of it. Go get ready and have the driver take you to your dad's house." Anjali couldn't refuse to go so she did as she was told.

An hour later she walked into her fathers house and stopped in her tracks. She was shocked to see her bhabhi sitting in front of her dad, crying bitterly claiming Raj left her, and it was all because of Anjali.

Her aunt was sitting beside Nisha, soothing her and telling her to calm down everything will be alright. Just then Riya spotted Anjali standing by the door. "Here is she is now." At this everyone turned towards the door and glared at Anjali, who was unable to move at all. She couldn't comprehend what was going on. Her bhai was back in India, and she didn't even know.

Her father stood up and came towards Anjali in anger. "Are you happy now? Why did you come here, to rub salt into Nisha's wounds. You managed to separate her from Raj, you should be happy. You should have died with your mother. You will always remain a manhoos. I don't know whose blood runs in your veins, but it certainly is not mine." Anjali felt as though he had physically slapped her. There was a shocked silence following his last harsh words. She felt a roaring in her head. She couldn't have heard him right. Did he just say she wasn't his daughter?

Then Anjali thought this is all her aunt's doing, she didn't know what her aunt told her father, but this was the last straw, she is putting doubts about Anjali's mother in her father's head, and she will not stand for it. He father may not love her, but she knew first hand that her mother had been the love of his life and he had changed when he lost her. "Are you listening yourself dad? You are doubting your wife, the woman whom you loved more than your life, and for what? Auntie is putting all these doubts in your head and you believe her blindly, why can't you see that she is out to destroy this family, and that has been her intentions all along?"

Anjali was horrified to see her aunt and Nisha smiling cunningly at her. Her father grabbed her arm and tried to push her out of his house. "Just shut up, you are the one who is trying to destroy this family not your aunt. Now get out of here, I don't ever want to see your manhoos face again and don't try to contact Raj either." She lost her balance when he pushed her, she would have fallen but just then she was caught in familiar strong arms. She looked up to see Aditya glaring at her father. A muscle was ticking in his jaw and his eyes were flared in temper. She felt tears streaming down her face.

Aditya looked down when he felt the wetness on his hand, he flinched when he saw his wife's savaged face. This would be the worst pain she would endure and if he could take this pain away from her he would do it in a heartbeat.

He had been on his way home when his mom informed him to pick up Anjali from her father's house on the way back since the driver had to leave. He had immediately called Raj to let him know Anjali was visiting his house. Raj had also been in route to home and had asked Aditya to hurry, something hadn't felt right.