Chapter 13: The First Night

"Hey." I say, announcing my presence to Blaise and Draco who are in th living room.
"Hi." Blaise greets simply.
"How are the rooms?" Draco asks, sounding curious.
"They're decent." I answer with a shrug as my room at home is bigger. "Have you guys not been in yours yet?"
"No, not yet." Blaise says, shaking his head.
"Okay." I say as I sit down on the couch across from Blaise and Draco. "So Rosaline was sorted into Gryffindor."
"Yeah, whatever, Robyn was too, did he tell you what house he wanted to be sorted into?" Blaise asks.
"Yeah, he told me that he wanted to be sorted into Ravenclaw. He claimed that if he was sorted into Ravenclaw he would have to deal with less drama." I answer, thinking back to when I first met my cousin.
"Well he isn't wrong to assume that. Everyone during dinner was talking to me about how him and Rosaline were both sorted into Gryffindor. A bunch of people were saying that they were embarrassments to my family name. I almost lost my cool and hexed all of them. But thankfully I didn't." Blaise says, sounding angry just by remembering what some people had said.
"Both of them will do great, even if they are in Gryffindor." Draco says uncharacteristically.
"I never thought I would hear you of all people say that." I say, not believing that Draco would ever say something like that.
"Why?" Draco asks, sounding confused.
"Because for the entirety of our time at Hogwarts you have seemed to hate everyone and anyone who's a Gryffindor." I answer, thinking that he would know why I said that.
"Just because I didn't like Potter and his friends doesn't mean that I hated everyone whose in Gryffindor." Draco says defensively.
"Who didn't you hate?" I ask, raising an eyebrow.
"All of the people that I never had a conversation with." Draco answers like the smart-ass he is.
"Whatever." I say, not seeing the point of this conversation continuing any further. "Have you guys talked to any of the first year Slytherin's yet?"
"Nope." Blaise says, dropping the 'p'. "They all seem like a bunch of annoying, bratty little kids who get whatever they want, whenever they want it."
"And just who does that remind you of?" I say, both him and Draco checking off all of the things he just said.
"Shut up." Blaise says, knowing that I'm talking about him and Draco.
"Oh, wow, ouch. That was a low blow." Draco says, after a few seconds of silence, after he understood who I was referring to.
"Sorry." I apologize with a small smile on my face.
"Well I'm exhausted so I'm going to head to bed." Draco says as he stands up from the couch and makes his way to the hallway that leads to all of the bedrooms.
"Night." Blaise and I say in unison before Draco vanishes into his bedroom with a soft click of his door shutting.
"Are you going to watch out for Rosie and Robyn?" Blaise asks in an uncharacteristically serious tone.
"Of course, why wouldn't I?" I answer truthfully, not understanding why he would think that I wouldn't watch out for them.
"I know you will, I just needed the reassurance. They are family after all. And family comes before everything else." Blaise answers sincerely.
"Yeah, I never really connected with that saying until I knew who I actually am. Now I completely understand why people live by that." I ramble to my twin brother.
"You'll fit in well with our family, if you couldn't already figure that out. Everyone loves you so much already and they all missed you, even though they didn't know you." Blaise says, explaining how the family feels about me. "It was like we were all missing a part of ourselves that we didn't know how to get back."
"I always knew that I was missing something. But it was never something that I could verbally explain, so I didn't tell anyone about it. And over time I forgot about it myself. But now that I know who I am I finally feel like I truly belong." I say, feeling tears budding in my eyes.
"Don't cry. Sorry for bringing all of this up." Blaise requests, sounding guilty.
"It's fine. It's better to talk about it rather than bottle it all up inside." I say, wiping the tears from my eyes. "Good night, Blaise."
"Night." Blaise says as I walk out of the room and to my bedroom to go to sleep.