t h r e e

"Sounds like a good name for me. Any reason why that struck in particular?" He questioned.

Was she really about to tell him that she named him after a doll and a malleable personality?

"I had a friend when I was much younger with a similar name."

Of course she wasn't.

"Oh?" He raised his eyebrows, clearly intrigued. "Was that friend a doll by any chance?"

Damn it.

"How did you.."
"I have access to all your memories. You have a very vivid memory. Took me a while to sort through and see which ones mean the most to you."

Her face transformed into a frown, indicating displeasure at the mind instrusion. Before she could open her mouth to quiz him on it, he stuck his hand out. Not as firm as before, but more casual as if to say they were more than mere acquaintances.

"So" His eyes lowering to his open palm, then rising to her chestnut headlights. "Ready to leave the Charms classroom?"

"Well yeah, but-"
"Then let's go!"

————————————————————————

Grabbing her hand, the surroundings blurred into a brighter setting. The warm anachronistic interior was now exchanged for the rural surroundings she knew too well. Brassy cheers dominated the area; as did the vibrant colours of red and green.

Stupidly, all Hermione could ask was "W-where are we now?"

She probably shouldn't have let her mouth speak before her mind.

"Sorry for changing so quickly" Daniel apologised.

Looking up, Daniel was no more than 6 feet higher than she was, rested perfectly on a wooden broom. She recognised that it was no particular broom - just the ones they used for first years in training.

"But it's a great day out here"

What a weird comment to make, she thought.

"Yes.. yes, it is, but why are we outside? I know it's Quidditch day, but nothing happened to me here."

She wasn't wrong. Nothing DID happen to HER. It was Harry who was the main focus, as Snape (or so she thought) was supposedly cursing Harry's broom and causing him to play terribly in the game. They later found out however it was actually Professor Quirrell. Boy did Hermione feel sheepish for setting Snape's robes on fire.

Rolling his eyes, Daniel slowly lowered his broom to the ground, hopped off it and stood to the right of her.

"Look at you. You've just watched Harry win the game."

From where they were stood, it should've been physically impossible to see herself (unless she had a pair of omnioculars, which... wait!)

"Daniel. I think I know how you did it."
"Did what?"
"How you've been rewinding and replaying scenes of my past-"
"Let me just stop you right there Hermione"

He turned to her, facing her at a diagonal stance.

"Firstly, there are no omnioculars in sight, so how could I have used them? Secondly, omnioculars can show you what's happened in the present, not all the way in the past. And thirdly, because you were thinking it earlier, no you have not encountered this kind of magic before."

All she could do was stare at him stunned. He sounded completely stressed and frustrated that she'd even suggest such a thing.

"All right... I was just saying"